Menu

One of the best father-daughter stories I have heard!

• 1 month later...

I just searched to see if anyone posted a link to this story. I thought of it tonight (again) when we did our read aloud. With three self-sufficient readers in the house and a new baby, I had gotten pretty lazy with our evening read alouds. They had long been sacred but had fallen by the wayside of late. After reading this, we reinstited daily evening reading no matter what.At least three children have to be present for it to count. Reading must last at least 20 minutes. We are calling it the streak, and my 6-year old daughter is the most devoted fan. One night DH and I were at a wake out of town and my 8 year old read to everyone.The babysitter was kind of amazed. DS2 read for 45 minutes and everyone listened. I love how commited to the streak the kids are. I hope it never ends!

Alas! So true true, library lover.Based on a rough tally I kept a couple of years ago, I estimated that I had read for more than 650 hours. That's 27 24-hour days or 81 work days or 16 work weeks, or roughly 1/6th of my waking hours. That's a lot of Avi, Wilder, and Dahl by anyone's estimate, though I imagine hardly remarkable here.