Menu

Embossed wallpaper for backsplash?

I love the look of pressed metal tiles for a backsplash, but just don't want to spend the money on it. Do ya think the embossed wallpaper, painted silver (possibly with a wash on top) would work? I painted my backsplash a vibrant red, and probably will have to apply a primer so the paint doesn't bleed through.

Have you priced stamped tin? We did ours last year, and it actually cost a lot less than we expected (though it's true we were comparing the price to tile, not wall-paper). And dh (who is not particularly handy, lol) installed it himself in a half day.

http://americantinceiling.com/backsplash.html?menu

(The big picture on the right is actually my kitchen! Though I don't get any sort of kickbacks or anything, lol, they just ask if you're willing to send them photos of your completed projects...) :)

Have you priced stamped tin? We did ours last year, and it actually cost a lot less than we expected (though it's true we were comparing the price to tile, not wall-paper). And dh (who is not particularly handy, lol) installed it himself in a half day.

(The big picture on the right is actually my kitchen! Though I don't get any sort of kickbacks or anything, lol, they just ask if you're willing to send them photos of your completed projects...) :)

Wow, that's beautiful!

How big are these pieces? It's hard to tell from their site. Also is this one yours? I'm nosy! :D

Those tin backsplashes are gorgeous!!!

Lowes also carries an "imitation" one which is plastic. I forget the actual size, but I'm thinking they're about 2.5 x 3.5 feet or so. I forget what the cost was, but they would definitely stand up to water and all. I would think that there might be clearance issues near a stove, but I don't know.

The pieces you buy are 24"x24", but the backsplash designs are 6"x6".

No, this one is mine:

6490.jpg

(It's also the large one one the right, where it says "click here for backsplash intro video" here: http://americantinceilings.com/backsplash.html?menu )

That's very pretty!

Those are IKEA Stat cabinets right? I think I recognize the stove too. It looks like the GE cafe. I think we spoke about this way back when I was trying to decide between a range and a cooktop & ovens. (I decided to go with a range.)

We're going to be doing ours with IKEA cabinetry with Adel medium brown. I wanted a more modern look that would still have some warmth. DH loves anything close to cherry, so that was the only one we both liked. I can't wait! :w00t: I'm amazed at the high end kitchens you see with IKEA cabinets.

I am a member of an ikeafans site (haven't been there for months), and this one guy was doing a very very money-is-no-object remodel--with IKEA cabinets. (Judging from appliances and fixtures alone, I'm guessing he spent well over $50k on materials alone.). That made me feel pretty good about that choice. :D

Our remodel will start in about mid-June. Wish me luck. :tongue_smilie: