Menu

Besides eggs/toast, waffles and pancakes--

Breakfast casserole--the "overnight" one with the cubed bread, sausage, egg/milk, dry mustard

Muffins

Sausage/cheese/biscuit sandwiches

scrambled eggs and a little salsa wrapped in a warmed flour tortilla

Breakfast potatos--a bag of cubed potatoes cooked with egg.

Honestly? I'd get over the "nothing says I love you like..." thing. LOL I know you probably don't take that to heart, but....

Our fave breakfast, by a LONG shot, is green smoothies. It is just an awesome way to start off the day. And yummy too.

If I wanted warm, I'd probably go with oatmeal. Add some yogurt and fruit, maybe some nuts. YUM :)

Honestly? I'd get over the "nothing says I love you like..." thing. LOL I know you probably don't take that to heart, but....

Our fave breakfast, by a LONG shot, is green smoothies. It is just an awesome way to start off the day. And yummy too.

If I wanted warm, I'd probably go with oatmeal. Add some yogurt and fruit, maybe some nuts. YUM :)

Pamela, how do you make your green smoothies?:bigear:

Monday = waffles, sausage

Tuesday = oatmeal, toast with butter

Wednesday = banana bread (I make ahead anytime I have ripe bananas and freeze in individual portions)

Thursday = pancakes, sausage or bacon

Friday = scrambled eggs, bacon, toast with butter and jelly

Here are my Breakfast Ideas:

French Toast made with homemade bread

whole wheat Pancakes (plain, pumpkin, banana)

Peanut butter toast

Waffles

Egg Sandwiches

Eggs and Toast

Oatmeal

Breakfast Burritos

Eggs/Hash/Bacon

Yogurt and Muffin

Egg in the middle (bread with a hole)

Omlette

homemade Whole Wheat Donuts

smoothies

Huevos Rancheros using homemade salsa verde

ok, more than five suggestions. I really love breakfast. :)

Chris, depends. I have a long list of them (PM me your email address if you'd like them). But mostly, we do 3/4 cup frozen fruit and 1-2 cups greens with (coconut/almond) milk (or apple juice) and/or water. These amounts being per serving. We make 3-5 servings at a time. Blend. We do add little things like spirulina, bee pollen, flax oil, chia, ground flax (we ground with coffee grinder). Did you see the link in the vegan thread? She makes BEAUTIFUL green, red, purple smoothies!

BTW, I hate breakfast food other than cereals. And I prefer homemade cereal (3 types of nuts sliced/ground thin, a couple fruits, a little coconut, ground seed/flax topped with coconut milk) also.

Edited by 2J5M9K

Mine like breakfast burritos. I do them the easy/fast way. I use the Southwestern Eggbeaters and that saves me time in prep and cleanup. They also like pancakes occasionally. I buy the shake bottle and just add water. About once a week we have bacon. I make it in the micro on a special bacon stand in 4 min. I'm all about saving time when it comes to breakfast. ;)

I'm not Pamela :D but here's how I make green smoothies

a big bunch of something green- romaine and kale are favorites here

a frozen banana (or a not frozen banana and ice)

fruit

spoonful of raw extra virgin coconut oil

some ground flaxseed

water to get the right consistency

some favorite combinations are: romaine and strawberry; kale, apple and lemon; celery and grapes, pineapple and mango with any kind of green

I don't really "do" mornings, so I reserve nice breakfast meals for dinner about once a week. Sometimes I'll do a brunch on the weekend. I really don't think my kids are suffering for it. ;)

I make sure to have some cereal, quick oats, granola, bread (regular, bagels, english muffins or other), fruit, and yogurt on hand. Sometimes I'll make banana bread or corn muffins the night before. The kids are in charge of getting their own breakfast together and taking turns helping the "baby".

Just last night, dh asked dd "You know I love you, right?" She responded (with an eye roll) "Daaaad! I've known since the day I was born!"

I don't think he's ever made breakfast in his life, lol.

We like non breakfast items for breakfast sometimes. We have leftovers a lot. Soup, leftover meats or pasta, cold pizza. Frittatas (sp?) are good, or eggs with feta on spinach. When I'm feeling really naughty I make something like fried potatoes and onions smothered in gravy.

I cook rice in coconut milk (you could use cream if your not allergic to milk) and add some sugar and cinnamon. You can add apples and raisins to it also.

One of the best things I ever did was to buy several packages of burrito tortillas for making breakfast burritoes.

I scarmble up a bunch of eggs and brown some bulk mild sausage. Once that is done, I lightly warm the tortillas in hot olive oil or coconut oil (I actually prefer the coconut oil for eggs) and then fill the burritoes, add cheddar cheese, roll them tightly, and place them inside plastic baggies. (I double bag to make sure freezer burn doesn't quickly accumulate.) I'll make up quite a few of those for the boys and then they can get them out and pop them in the toaster oven. The boys sometimes eat them with a dollop of sour cream. I don't have to cook breakfast again for several days.

For DH and I, make some of the bulk sausage separate with red pepper and chopped portabella mushrooms. So, ours are extra yummy! The boys don't like them this way and so they leave our bags of goodies alone.

Another thing my boys like is fried cornmeal mush. I don't have the exact proportions in my head but you can google it. You boil cornmeal with a little salt and butter in the water. It doesn't take long. Then spread it in a greased baking pan, cover, and let chill overnight. In the morning, you can cut it into slices and fry it in butter or bake it with a little butter on top to help it crisp. The boys eat it with honey or maple syrup.

I also make, occasionally, fresh blueberry muffins in the morning. We pick blueberries every summer and freeze a couple of quart bags full for muffins and pancakes. Blueberry pancakes are usually an evening meal when we feel like having breakfast instead of a heavy dinner.

Faith

Another smoothie question, hoping not to derail the thread! :D

Do they taste--well, forgive me, but--as yucky as they sound? :lol:

I mean, do they have sort of a sweet, fresh taste, or do they taste like pureed vegetables? I guess I'll have to try and see for myself--I would really like to eat this healthfully, but I think I have that "sensitive to bitter" tastebud-thingy going on--I've never liked veggies unless they are raw (and i know you use raw veggies in smoothies), so I'm a little afraid to try it! I do like salad, tho--but the textural idea of drinking salad seems more than I could do--Do you think I could enjoy a green smoothy? Is there any hope?:D

Breaksfast Tacos= bacon, egg, cheese

Grits with butter and salt

Fried eggs, bacon and toast

French toast

Pancakes

Fruit Smoothies= mango, strawberries, plain yogurt and 1/2 cup of OJ

Cereal with fruit slices

Scrambled eggs, sausage patties and biscuits