Menu

Delusional dreams after high fever?

My son became sick on Monday. He had no energy said his throat hurt. Tuesday, same thing, but in the afternoon his fever went up to 104.8. He had a very scary hallucinogenic dream in which his hand was missing. :lol: He would come out of bed and talk to us normally and then start saying strange things so we knew he wasn't awake.

Now he fluctuates between a normal temp and a low grade fever(100-101-ish)

Last night he did it again. It also happens when he is just lying on the couch resting. He dozes off and then starts talking nonsense.

Yesterday he came crying to me on the a.m. because he couldn't find a part for a machine he was building. I asked what he meant and he said he would show me. he led me down to the couch and said, "Right here." There was nothing there so he said, "Oh, I must have imagined it." Then he was fully awake and fine!

Dh came home early yesterday and took him to the dr. Did a strep test(negative) and gave a scrip for abx but said it was probably a virus so don't fill it until Sunday or so.

Any experience with this?

This happens with my oldest. Every time he gets a fever, as it breaks, he talks nonsense. It's really scary! He also gets night terrors when he's sick.

Ds says when it starts to happen, he feels like he's really small and everything around him is huge. He panics.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: I know how weird it is!!

I used to do what you are describing as a child when I had a fever. I remember waking up standing in the hallway having just throw all my covers down the stairs. I still don't know why I did it. But I do know weird dreams happening more than once and I always had a fever when it happened.

It doesn't happen to me anymore. My dreams may be more vivid when I have a fever, but nothing weird like that anymore.

It doesn't seem to happen to my kids though.