Menu

Mandatory state testing

I get the ITBS from BJU Press. I just send them a photo of my diploma from college (since it's in a frame) and fill out a little paper that qualifies me to test my own child at home. I like the feedback ITBS gives.

I've also used the CAT-E (I think it was -E; it was the shorter one) with my high schooler. I get that from a place in Front Royal, VA. I gave it at home, to my one high schooler, and got the results back within a month or less, as I recall. It was just a hoop I jumped thru, whereas I wanted the information the ITBS gave me.

We used the CAT last year. This year we're trying the BASI test, it's supposed to be much quicker (the length of the test was our only problem with the CAT).

I don't really use the score, except to hand in to the superintendant, so whatever's quickest and easiest works for me :p

I started hs'ing DS at Christmas. My state (WA) requires testing each school year. Does anyone have a standardized test they prefer and why?

Thanks in advance!

We're in Washington and we use the PASS Test from Hewitt Homeschooling (it's fits the state's "approved test" standards). It's a low-stress test designed specifically for home schoolers and can be used through 8th grade. If interested go to hewitthomeschooling.com and find the testing area. HTH!