Menu

I'm a Mac!!!!

Woo hoo! After much consideration and back and forthing, DH and I took the plunge and ordered an iMac from the local Apple Store on Monday night. This last virus on our PC laptop was just the final straw. Two PCs down from viruses in 7 days was just too much.

Hasn't arrived yet, but I just had to share!

I've sure missed all you guys...it's like going back to work or school after having been gone for a week sick, and everyone has new in-jokes and stories that I've missed out hearing....

I can hardly wait to catch up with everyone.

Welcome to the fold!!! We're new Macs here at our house.

Did you sign up for the classes they offer at their stores? I went in for my first one-on-one training session yesterday morning and they were wonderful!!! Next time, I'm going to take my computer in with me so I can work on specific projects with a professional!

My kids are LOVING the iPhoto and iMovie programs. They've made some wonderful shows!! I love how easy it is to use!!

Did you sign up for the classes they offer at their stores?

no... :glare:

I know I should have, but I was too cheap to pay the extra $100 or so for the classes...the Apple store is almost an hour away.

Right now I plan on doing every online tutorial that they offer. I have previous Mac experience, but it has been quite a few years...I'm a grit and learn kind of person...I grit my teeth until I learn it!!!!!

The girls are excited to "make my booty look big" like they did at their Aunt and Uncles house over Christmas (using the photo software) ...that's the one thing that they are excited about. HA!

:lol::lol:

My kids think it's funny to use the recording program and record me and then play it back to me. Ugh.

We opted to pay the $100 because they took everything from our old computer and transferred it over for us. Then, all the one on one training . . . I'm not computer literate AT.ALL. So, I was very happy to fork over the $100!! Our store is 30 minutes away and the only times that seem to be available for the training are at 7 am. So, I've been getting up very early!! But, I love it!!!

someone told me that it would take me about 5 minutes to get used to...they were right! I've had mine for just over a week now and I LOVE IT! i don't know why i didn't take the plunge much, much sooner...oh yeah, bc my husband didn't want to.

oh well, he can have his pcs...the kids and i love our macs.

no... :glare:

I know I should have, but I was too cheap to pay the extra $100 or so for the classes...the Apple store is almost an hour away.

I loved my One-to-one lessons! If there's any way you can swing it, I would highly recommend it! I have fond memories of leaving the house for a couple hours a week, to go to my "computer lessons". I learned exponentially more than I would have been able to figure out on my own. I wouldn't even have known what was possible!

But, being an hour away, I can understand (I'm a half hour away, and it was hard to do some weeks). It's still an awesome machine. You'll have so much fun!

Welcome to the wonderful world of Macs :001_smile:. I got my first in 1989.

Being a network analyst for a fortune 500 company working with all PCs just made me love them more. We always keep at least one PC in our house for testing (DH is a full time programmer, me part time web developer), but the FIVE Macs get all the love! :lol:

OH you will love it and NEVER, EVER go back. Both our computers are mac and I love them!! Except one little detail, I am so wanting to do Switched on Schoolhouse with one of my girls but I can't because it doesn't work on a mac. Bummer!:tongue_smilie: