Menu

Who knows where the fb block application

I am at the extreme novice stage on FB myself but I got fed up with all the games too and discovered that if you click on the "Hide" link by the app (to the right) you can then decide which applications you want to see or not.

Mary

The next time the "friend" that you want to hide posts a status update, hover over it with your mouse. To the right of the update, the word "hide" will pop up. Click on that and then choose the option to hide that friend. They will go onto a list of people that you are hiding. How to edit this list, I'm not so sure about. I think if you go to "account" on the top right of your home page, and then "edit friends", and then choose "lists" on the left menu you can find the list of everyone you have hidden. But I'm not hiding anyone right now so I'm not 100% sure. :001_smile:

If you want to block them, there are a couple ways. The easiest is to go to their profile page and scroll down. At the bottom on the left is a link that says report/block. Click on it and a pop up will have a couple boxes, one to block and the other to report. You just click block and then enter or accept, or whatever it says. You don't have to fill in the "required" reason part unless you are reporting them.

The other option is to go to your settings, privacy settings, and at the bottom is the thing to block people. Click on that and type in their name. HTH.

Yes. Though some junk is sent from a fan page or group, and there's no Block listed under it. There should, however, be a line with a time stamp and "via RainbowHeartPuppyFarmSmilesWithLoveMafia" which holds a clickable link. Open that page, and on the top left under the picture should be a link to Block Application. :)

I choose to hide the games/applications on my status update rather than hiding the friends. If you dont want to know about the friends, just hide them. I also use my privacy options to block information from aquaintances and people from way back in my past.

Nope, trying again. Since facebook has changed my privacy settings I'm getting friend requests (repeatedly) from people I do not want on my facebook. I'm tired of hitting ignore over and over again. I can't go to their profile to block them because I'm not their friend and don't want to be. I can't block their emails because I don't know them and don't want to know them.

What I want is my old privacy settings back, but that seems to be out of the question.

can be found? I'm getting fed up with this crap. These people went to high school with me, you'd think they'd know better than to annoy me.

Two ways: When they send you an invite for an application, you can choose "block application." Or, if the application shows up on your wall, hover over it and "hide" will appear on the right hand side. Once you click "hide," you can choose between hiding your friend and hiding the application. I'm proud to say that through my diligent use of these things, my wall is app free!:D

Nope, trying again. Since facebook has changed my privacy settings I'm getting friend requests (repeatedly) from people I do not want on my facebook. I'm tired of hitting ignore over and over again. I can't go to their profile to block them because I'm not their friend and don't want to be. I can't block their emails because I don't know them and don't want to know them.

What I want is my old privacy settings back, but that seems to be out of the question.

Last time I declined a friend invite, it gave me the option of blocking that person in the next screen.

I have considerably cut down on my FB usage because of this. The thing that really bothers me is that if anyone comments on anything of mine, ALL of their friends can see my original photo or status update, no matter how I set my security. :glare:

You want to find and download Facebook Purity. It's an app. that you use with Firefox and Greasemonkey (you have to download GM first, then FB Purity). It's awesome! It goes right onto your FB page and blocks all quizzes, game requests, and I think even who-friends-who, etc. LOVE it. It's not FB related I don't believe. Not officially. But it loads right on your home page and you can see it blocking stuff. Very cool. If you love it, send the guy a donation -- it's free but he does tons of work keeping it updated whenever FB changes its scripts and all. Enjoy.

I've just left the friend requests sit there unanswered. That way the "friend" isn't reminded that they may know me.

That is what I have done as well. If you turn them down, then they have the option to resending their friend request. If you don't respond, all it shows is that they sent a request.

You sure can go to their profile page, even if you aren't friends with them. Just click on their name, when they send you the invite. It will take you to their info page. Then, scroll down and at the very bottom on the left, under their profile pic, you will see the report/block link. Click it and check the block box. Once you do that, they can no longer see you or find you on FB. I have done it several times just recently.