Menu

Can anyone give me a review on these books?

I loved Guernsey Literary! It's written in letter format so it took my slow brain a little while to catch on to the patterns, but I loved LOVED it.

I also enjoyed Water for Elephants. I remember some graphic scenes, but I don't remember too many details. It's just a very, very interesting story. I'm not super sensitive about content in books, so hopefully someone will be able to let you know their thoughts.

I'm new to posting but I love to read so can't resist replying to your request. You have a great list to choose from! Choosing what books to read is always one of my favorite parts of getting ready for a trip. :)

I've read and loved - Guernsey, Snow Flower, Water for Elephants, and Funny in Farsi. I didn't enjoy March as much. I liked Year of Wonders and People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks better. My Mom read Infidel and has been telling me that I have to pick it up. She said it was really good.

Margie

Have you read any of these? How were they? Worth reading? I need to stock up on a few for an upcoming trip. Thanks!

Infidel

A Gate at the Stairs

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

Funny in Farsi

Wrapped in Rain

Snow Flower and the Secret Fan

Water for Elephants

Gilead

March

I highly recommend Infidel and The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. Water for Elephants was okay, but I didn't really care for it - you aren't missing anything if you don't read it.

I loved Guernsey Literary! It's written in letter format so it took my slow brain a little while to catch on to the patterns, but I loved LOVED it.

I also enjoyed Water for Elephants. I remember some graphic scenes, but I don't remember too many details. It's just a very, very interesting story. I'm not super sensitive about content in books, so hopefully someone will be able to let you know their thoughts.

Same here, loved both of these. Just heard that Water for Elephants is going to be a movie!!

Have you read any of these? How were they? Worth reading? I need to stock up on a few for an upcoming trip. Thanks!

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

Snow Flower and the Secret Fan

Water for Elephants

Gilead

March

I have read all of those and enjoyed them all on different levels.

Guernsey Literary was great!

Snow Flower was very good, but I found it frustrating as I do all books that deal with the mistreatment/subjugation of women. LOL It's my favorite of Lisa See's books, though. (Shanghai Girls was just OK and Peony in Love is pretty good.)

Water for Elephants was very interesting, but there is some graphic s*xual content in it that I did not care for. A little violence, too.

Gilead was hard for me to get into, but it was a quiet, contemplative kind of read that I ended up enjoying.

March is really good. I have loved every book by Geraldine Brooks. I also love books that take a little liberty with the history of a well-loved character, so this hit the spot.