Menu

If you cut the binding off SOTW AG or WWE

kbpaulie

How do you now have it organized? 3 ring binder, re-bound differently, .... Can you tell me which book and what you've done. I don't like the binding on as I've torn out the student pages, but can't seem to get everything organized right. It shouldn't be this tough!

Karena

We are working through WWE3. I had the teacher's pages spiral bound and put the student pages (passages and dictation pages) in a 1" 3 ring binder. I only keep some in the 3 ring binder, though. The rest stay in the Staples box until I need them. I will take out the old pages and replace with new.

It's worked wonderfully for us. ;)

Am I forgetting something?

I tear out all the activity pages and put them into a 3-ring binder to pull out whichever sheets we decide to use. We end up using less than 50% of the pages.

Then I carefully break apart the AG into 2 pieces: the front half of the book and the back half (consisting of the narrow strip from the activity pages). After separating the back cover from the narrow strip, I take the front half of the AG plus the back cover to Office Max's copy center to have them cut off the binding and then 3-hole-punch the pages. The pages, along with the front & back covers of the AG, go into a pressboard folder which sits on a shelf next to the 3-ring binder. The downside to using these folders is that they don't lay flat....not a problem for us, since I only use them for the review questions and narration guidelines and my kids don't use the front half of the book at all (we don't do any of the activities). The plus side is that they take up minimum shelf space, which is really important to me.

So I have 4 pressboard folders, one for each volume of SOTW.

HTH!

How do you now have it organized? 3 ring binder, re-bound differently, .... Can you tell me which book and what you've done. I don't like the binding on as I've torn out the student pages, but can't seem to get everything organized right. It shouldn't be this tough!

Karena

I had the binding cut off WWE and had Kinko's coil bind the teacher part (putting the back cover on the teacher's part) and just give me the rest of the pages. I ignored the perforation (it's now in the wrong place on the page to be useful). I took them home and three-hole punched them, put them in a binder and now I pull them out as needed. It works wonderfully!

SOTW I bought in paperback and had Kinko's cut off the binding and coil bind it. Reading from it is so much easier this way. The AG I bought 3 hole punched already so I just put it in a binder.

I have WWE 3. I tore the student pages out, three hole punched them and put them in a 1" binder.

Then I used an Exacto knife to cut the binding where the teacher pages ended. I cut off the back cover of WWE3 & used the wide, clear tape to tape it to the back of the teacher pages. So now, I have a WWE3 book that's a much more manageable 3/8" and a binder of student pages. Looks almost like new!

I have SOTW vol 2 A.G. I had the binding cut off at Kinko's. Then I had the student pages copied there. I had both 3 hole punched. Then I came home and put the copies of the student pages in a large 3 ring binder for my child, and the entire A.G. in a large 3 ring binder for me. Kinko's cost me less than $7.

The student pages in my binder do stick out a little bit behind the teacher pages, because they had the tear off stuff that Kinkos' didn't tear out. They just copied them with them on. But it is not a lot.

Every chapter that we are on, I give my dd her copy of her coloring sheet and map out of her binder to work on. Then we put them back in order and use any project pages we need. I add all narrations and other paper we do to hers, and she has a notebook documenting our year. I use my original pages to make my other dd a coloring sheet copy once in awhile, and will have them for her the next time around copied at Kinkos in full.

I just had the binding cut off of WWE3. I bound the teacher pages together. I also bound the passages together. I then 3-hole punched the student pages. That way the passages will be ready for DS6 when he's done w/ WWE2. I just put a tab on the current lesson in the teacher manual, a tab in the passages book, and a tab in the 3-ring binder of student pages.

Capt_Uhura

Karena

Karena,

With the SOTW AG I 3 hole punched the teacher pages and put them in a binder (Same with WWE). With the activity/mapping pages I put them in page protectors, so the kids can pick them up and play with them when every they want. I also can easily pull out a page to copy it for "real" hs work. :D

I just go through and clean them all every 6 months.

Heather

I do the SOTW AG's. If you open them real wide you can loosen the binding so you can just pull the front pages from the binding yourself. I then do the activity pages and the tests go in the back. I cut the original covers so they divide the books and put construction paper between the front pages and the student pages and all go in a three ring binder. I just photocoy what I need each week. Easy peasy and doesn't cost me anything but a little time. Each book has it's own binder.

I get the binding cut off the SOTW AG at Office Max, and bring it home to punch & organize. I put the student pages with the AG pages for each chapter (instead of all the student pages at the back). This way I can see the student pages right there when I'm planning for that chapter, and pull them out to make copies as needed. I also can grab one of the literature pages to take to the library instead of the whole book. It takes some time, because I put tape flags on each chapter so I can find them (staggered down the pages like divider tabs), but then it's done for good.