Menu

Have 3 chicken breasts...what to make for dinner?

I made this last week and it was a huge hit. It actually calls for 4 chicken breasts but I think you will be okay with three.

4 skinless, boneless breasts

4 teaspoons taco seasoning mix

1 cup salsa

1 cup shredded cheese

2 tablespoons sour cream (optional)

Preheat oven to 375

Place chicken in greased 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle taco seasoning on both sides of chicken and pour salsa over all.

Bake for 25-35 minutes until juices run clear.

Sprinkle chicken with cheese and bake for another 3-5 minutes or until chicken is melted and bubbly.

I served it with rice and it was yummy!

If you have fettucini.....

Cook 2-3 cloves minced garlic and 1/4 - 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes in olive oil (enough to make a sauce - maybe 1/2 cup) til garlic starts to cook. Then take your raw chicken - cut into bites and cook in the garlic/oil mixture til done. Toss into cooked fettucini and add parmesan. Delicious! salt and pepper to taste

I make meals for the 5 of us all the time with 2-3 breasts.

Soup:

dice the chicken, cook with diced onion. (and carrots and celery if you have it)

For italian style soup add:

chicken broth

diced tomatoes

pasta

desired seaonings

any veggies you think sound good.

For 'taco' soup add:

chicken broth

diced tomatoes

black beans

corn

taco seasonings

pasta if desired, but I usually just serve with tortilla chips.

I also do stir fry with rice, pasta primavera (pasta with garlic, butter, italian seasoning, a can of diced tomatoes, and veggies) etc.

If you want quick & dirty, just cut them into pieces, saute them (maybe with a little onion & garlic if you can get away with that) and simmer until done with spaghetti sauce. Serve over pasta with some kind of veggie.

This is what I was going to say. I try to keep a jar of Classico vodka sauce on hand at all times for this emergency meal :D But any sauce will do, really.

Another option would be to do the same thing but omit the sauce. Increase the garlic/herbs/olive oil (we like to add Goya Adobo too) accordingly and then serve all of that over the pasta instead. I rather prefer it that way myself, but the rest of the fam likes the sauce. Sometimes I take my portion of chicken out before I add the sauce in.

You could also slice them in half lengthwise so you have thinner, flatter sections, pound them a bit, put them in a baking dish, pour sauce over them, and then top with slices of mozzarella cheese and bake them. Too easy :D

Or cube them or slice them thinly and add them into fried rice with veggies and a scrambled egg or two (if you want more details on that, let me know).

Cut up your chicken how you prefer, or something different.

Saute in olive oil, we throw some sesame seeds on it, when it is almost done, sprinkle some tamari (soy sauce) on it (optional). Since we have vegetarians we also have a stir fry pan of bok choy cut up (use lots, it cooks down small), onion, ginger root matchsticks, brocolli, zucchini, peppers if you like. We are on a jag with jasmine rice. The ginger root we peel by hand, and cut tiny matchstick size.