Menu

where do I get winter boots?

I need a pair of winter boots. Snow type winter boots. I've got a cute pair of Ugg style knock offs. Last snow fall I found out they leak. Badly. My BF says "Well yeah, they are supposed to look cute and keep you warm, not for actually playing in the snow!" I don't need cute, I need functional!

I probably should order something from LL Bean or Land's end, but I'm thinking I need them now. As in today now, before it snows again this weekend.

I've been in target, but haven't seen anything. I haven't bought a pair of 'winter' boots since about 1990. I have no clue where to even start looking. I'm afaid the mall is going to be more of the 'cute but not functional' type of thing.

So where do I go shopping? Or should I just suffer through this weekend and order something online from LL Bean or Lands End?

Do you have a Sears at your mall? They carry Land's End. You might be able to pick some up there on clearance.

I was going to suggest Land's End as well. Their catalog or website usually has a good variety but it's harder to buy shoes from a catalog. If your local Sears carries some - even better.

We get all ours at "Super Shoes". Not sure if that's a local store or what. I've even found plenty of the snow boots like I used to find up in NH. And they have a discount room in the back where they toss all their out-of-season footwear and cut the prices deeply. We bought our boots one spring/summer. Good quality, name brands.

Also, if you find one, be sure to ask for the coupon card thing. After a certain number of purchases, you get a percentage off the last one. Then, you start again. Can't remember all the details.

Edited by ksva

Thanks for the Kohl's suggestion. I had forgotten about those while we had been overseas. I found a Kohl's close by and we went tonight and found a pair of boots. Not the pair I really was looking for, but they'll do and they were on sale, so I don't mind if I only wear them this winter and ditch them for something I like better next winter. But like I said, I needed them today and couldn't order them, so these will do.

Thanks for the help.

check out REI. They have boots that are very functional, but still decent looking. I expect mine to last for the rest of my life!

I hate the looks of those Sorrels, although they are supremely practical. I swore I would never get them, and my Columbia boots have all the same specs and actually look pretty good for clunkers.