Menu

Some good news today

After all the nonsense yesterday I have to share the good news that happened today. We forgot to check the mailbox yesterday so this morning dd went and grabbed the mail. In it was her ACCEPTANCE letter to a Tim Horton's Camp in Ontario. From March 28-April 3 she is going to a girls only camp in St. George Ontario. These are camps geared to low income families, children's names are submitted by various agencies(in our case Uncle and AUnts at large) and then each store selects a child to sponsor for the trip. Ceilidh was chosen by one of the local stores!

It was so funny opening the letter, it was like seeing what waiting for her college acceptances in 10 years will be like. We all gathered around to see what it said(I knew her name was submitted in Nov so we have been waiting a long time to hear), and then all the dancing and screaming of excitement when we realized it said she was in. I will miss her terribly, but after all the struggles I have had with her, to know that she will get this opportunity is amazing. She will have a chaperone on the plane with the other girls leaving from this city to and from camp, plus on the bus from the airport to camp itself. The camp has a telescope observatory, laboratories for animal science and plant science, computer lab and digital camera lab, plus all the normal camp stuff like crafts, skits, outdoor adventures etc. I am praising God today for her getting this chance, and for the relief of stress for today.