Menu

Would you eat this? Rusty chocolate cake

:crying:

My daughter just baked a two layer chocolate cake in pans that came out of the dish washer with some rust on them. There was one spot (maybe 1 sq. inch) where it was kind of thick. I thought she was using a bundt pan, she is so disappointed. The pan has only been used a few times, so it's not "old" rusty just "oh no, who put this in the dish washer rusty?". I searched online for an answer, it seems like it would be ok. What do you think? Would you eat it?

:crying:

My daughter just baked a two layer chocolate cake in pans that came out of the dish washer with some rust on them. There was one spot (maybe 1 sq. inch) where it was kind of thick. I thought she was using a bundt pan, she is so disappointed. The pan has only been used a few times, so it's not "old" rusty just "oh no, who put this in the dish washer rusty?". I searched online for an answer, it seems like it would be ok. What do you think? Would you eat it?

Yup, I'd eat it. It's just iron. Oxidized.

Barb

well, my kids thank you :)

maybe the real question is... what kind of a mother gives her kids a (thin) slice of cake at 8:30 in the evening? :D

After all that she's decided the recipe is no good, she's decided to stick with the Hershey's "Perfectly Chocolate" cake. I know a lot of ladies here know and love that recipe, it's a proud moment for this chocolate loving mama, she knows her chocolate cakes. :)

well, my kids thank you :)

maybe the real question is... what kind of a mother gives her kids a (thin) slice of cake at 8:30 in the evening? :D

/QUOTE]

A bad one. The good mothers give them a large slice of cake at 8:30 in the evening!

So think my kids, anyway. :D