Menu

Last night I hosted a "help yourself party"

What's a help yourself party, you ask? Well I sorted through my thousands of books and decided which ones I had to keep and which ones were not worth taking space up in my small house. I probably had about 200 selections to discard.

Instead of taking them to thrift store I invited a pile of friends over for an evening of visiting and browsing through the book selection. By the end of the night I managed to reassign about 3/4ths of that pile of my beloved books to my friends.

We had a lot of fun chatting, enjoying simple appetizers and wine and at the same time I lightened the load in my house by at least 300 pounds.

I might do it again with other stuff.

It really was a great time. We're under quite a bit of stress (understatement) these days with my dh about to lose his job of 21 yrs due to the company closing it's doors. It was so fun to get together with friends, bless them with some of my books, lighten the load in our house and just realize how good life is, despite some of its trials.

Oh and did I mention one lady brought a large selection of purses so we all got to go home with a new purse!

Life is good.