Menu

Can you list some fave Netflix nonfiction choices for ages 7-10?

We have enjoyed several IMAX films through netflix. DK Eyewitness films have been a hit, most recently Rock and Mineral. We liked Meerkat Manor.

Adding on as I reviewed our queue: I have several in there but haven't viewed them yet from the History Channel on various ancient events (we are still doing ancients).

Edited by WeeBeaks

My kids are obsessed with the following:

Dirty Jobs

Man vs. Food

Survivorman and Man vs. Wild

Any and all of the how-it's-made type shows

Mythbusters

anything David Attenborough

The Lazy Environmentalist

The Blue Planet

Jim Henson's The Storyteller (LOOOOVED Greek Myths)

History's Mysteries

and plenty of junky kid shows ;)

We have 443 titles (not including all the episodes in full seasons) in our Instant Queue :001_huh:

Have y'all seen The God's Must Be Crazy or Animals are Beautiful People?

They are pretty funny.

Animals Are Beautiful People does contain a segment where this tree's fruit ripens, falls to the ground and begins to ferment. This is followed by a drunken animal segment then a hungover animal segment. I am not sure if you would be ok with that type of thing.

I haven't seen Master Blasters being mentioned yet. It is like Junkyard Wars but with explosives.

In one episode they were supposed to build a rocket out of a car, with parachutes so it could be recovered in good shape.

If you want to see two minis get destroyed

Edited by Sis

We have enjoyed several IMAX films through netflix. DK Eyewitness films have been a hit, most recently Rock and Mineral. We liked Meerkat Manor.

Adding on as I reviewed our queue: I have several in there but haven't viewed them yet from the History Channel on various ancient events (we are still doing ancients).

Is there an easier way to search for DK Eyewitness shows? I just want to see what they have, but I can't narrow it down to just Eyewitness dvds.