Menu

Runners - what brand is your favorite pair of running shoes?

I've been shopping for running shoes. I haven't been running consistently for years, but want to get back into it. I went to Ridge Runners last night and tried on some shoes, but didn't buy any. The Mizunos seemed to feel okay. I can't say I loved them. The sales person at the store said I have a neutral gait (and high arch) and could probably use any brand shoe that caters to this. I used to have a pair of Saucony's and liked those because they seemed to provide alot of cushion, but the toe box was a bit too wide for me. Anyway.... ideas..... anybody?

TIA

Michelle

I don't worry so much about the brand, but instead which style of shoe works for my foot.

I've gravitated over time to basically racing flats and racing flat wannabees (a little more build up of the shoe base). The good news is that everyone makes a racing flat. :) So that might work for you too -- if you figure out you like a cushioned, neutral shoe with a moderate toe box, you can walk into a store and ask exactly for that. Right now I have Adidas, Nike, New Balance and Mizunos in my running closet.

I ended up with New Balance even though I was sure, before I went in the store, that they would not fit right. I tried on every brand they had and spent time walking around in them before choosing. I have a friend who will only wear Asics, because he needs the narrow toe box they have. You should keep trying on shoes until you find ones that feel good right out of the box.

It's completely an individual thing. I can't recommend my brands because I don't know your feet ;) but I love my Asics Gel-Cumulus and I'm going to get a pair of Saucony that I tried on and want as a second, trade-out pair. I think they were Grid C2 or Pro Grid Ride, can't remember.

I had a pair of Asics Gel-Nimbus that I loved, but when comparing thelatest Nimbus and Cumulus this year I like the latter a bit better. VERY cushy. :D Asics are regular width so that might be better for you, too.

Try several on and run in them first if you have a store that has a treadmill available!

i've worn Adidas for the past 2 years but i've just recently gotten serious about running. i bought my first pair of Asics yesterday (i've put 5 miles on them already) and they are wonderful! i was torn between the Asics and a pair of Under Armours...the UA's had the look i wanted, but when wearing one of each i had to go with the Asics.

I've been shopping for running shoes. I haven't been running consistently for years, but want to get back into it. I went to Ridge Runners last night and tried on some shoes, but didn't buy any. The Mizunos seemed to feel okay. I can't say I loved them. The sales person at the store said I have a neutral gait (and high arch) and could probably use any brand shoe that caters to this. I used to have a pair of Saucony's and liked those because they seemed to provide alot of cushion, but the toe box was a bit too wide for me. Anyway.... ideas..... anybody?

TIA

Michelle

Your feet sound like mine. I am a neutral runner with a slightly high arch. I too had a pair of Saucony's that were wonderfully cushy but too wide in the toe. I haven't tried on Mizunos, so I can't compare. I actually just bought new running shoes today. I tried on a pair of Brooks, Asics, and Nike. I went with the Nike Air Pegasus. I've worn them before and really liked them. I also like the Addidas Supernova Glide. Honestly, it really is all about personal preference. Some people like a cushy toe while other want it firm. I hope you find something you like and that works for you.

Nike Air Pegasus-I am a neutral runner with high arch (from 8 yrs of ballet from age 10-18 when my feet were forming-lol!)

I have worn Nike Pegasus for 10 years (although my running has been more off than on during the childbearing years)-love them!

Haha-didn't read any of the previous posts til after-just noticed someone else liked these!