Menu

Remember my thread about starting swim lessons? (CC content)

And how I was terrified?

I have been praying for the strength and courage to do this each week. The first class I almost threw up in the pool I was so worried. The second class was better, but not by much.

So my swim teacher and I have been talking after class and it turns out she's a Christian too. She's been bolstering my faith and courage and has calmed my heart so much. She's reminded me that God created the water. And God created me. And he didn't create me to be afraid of the water. I've reminded myself of that daily.

Well, I went to class tonight and I swam! I made it the whole 10' across the pool today without any help, without a floatie, without anything! I can't believe I actually did it!!!

God is good!

And how I was terrified?

I have been praying for the strength and courage to do this each week. The first class I almost threw up in the pool I was so worried. The second class was better, but not by much.

So my swim teacher and I have been talking after class and it turns out she's a Christian too. She's been bolstering my faith and courage and has calmed my heart so much. She's reminded me that God created the water. And God created me. And he didn't create me to be afraid of the water. I've reminded myself of that daily.

Well, I went to class tonight and I swam! I made it the whole 10' across the pool today without any help, without a floatie, without anything! I can't believe I actually did it!!!

God is good!

This made me smile---I'm so happy for you :001_smile:

Thanks everyone!! I'm so excited to think that I would actually be able to swim - well at some point! My mental image of myself didn't include that so it's strange and thrilling to think that I could actually do it! I told DH last night I want to keep taking swim lessons till I can do the Y's Master Swim program. If I could do THAT, then I know I'm a good swimmer, LOL!