Menu

Need Ideas for my 3 Year Old Son for Christmas

We are not big into "commercialized" things (i.e. branded plastic junky toys--no offense if you like those things!). . .

Also, it doesn't necessarily have to be "educational" either. I just need some boy ideas for my 3 year old. I have some things for his 7 year old brother, but am drawing a complete blank on what to get him. He has a bike/riding toys, Imaginext toys he shares w/ his brother, Little People, bristle blocks. . .So. . I have NO CLUE what to get him.

Share your sons' favorite toys at that age.

Our son is nearing 3, so I am buying for Christmas and his birthday. He is desperate to play games, so I have found several games marked down that he should be able to play. Just recently, he was exposed to a play medical kit and REALLY loved it. That surprised me a bit. He loves the cars and trains, too, but we have plenty of that. He also wants to build more than he actually can, so I am looking at Kid K'nex or TRIO. He has Duplo already and isn't responsible enough for regular Legos. He is also getting interested in dress up, like Rescue Heroes or a knight.

And the cheap stuff: Homemade playdough (better colors, better scent), watercolors, colored chalk, stickers, large blank sketch pad, silly putty, fat crayons, books, puzzles, blocks, puppets, pattern blocks, Candy Land game (not sure if that's commercial), glue sticks, plastic marble run (as much fun as a wooden one, but much much cheaper).

:001_smile: I remember the Christmas my oldest was 3. We gave him a little plush bag full of polished stones and velvet wizard's robe with a hood (both from a local Waldorf fair). That child was so happy!

That's so sweet! DS picked out the fabric for his cape and he was SO PROUD to tell the women at the fabric store, "I getting cape for Chrissmus!" I have a feeling that will, without a doubt, be his favorite present this year. And I'm so happy that DD will be able to say she made it for him.

We got wooden train tracks for my just turned 3 year old last Christmas. This year he's about to turn 4 and he's getting the playmobil pyramid (his request). Having two older brothers makes his tastes rather mature...he also wants an ipod nano (he's NOT getting one, though). He's getting a set of Citiblocs: http://www.citiblocs.com/ to share with his 6 year old brother, too. When I look around the playroom, I always realize that various kinds of blocks get played with much more than anything else in our house.