Menu

Sick college kid

Yes, although he is not in the hospital. He went to class today, and to his music program in the evening. I told him that is irresponsible. (He never stops). So yeah, it musy be walking pneumonia. His cough sounds horrible over the phone. I am worried. He doesn't seem capable of slowing down and i want to wring someone's neck at the college. or his neck. Stop OMG. Sleep. Get meds. I have been sitting on my hands re calling. But first thing tomorrow, I am calling. I don't care.

I told him I want him on antbx. Now. Yesterday. (and if you knew me irl, you would would know this is huge).

Gosh girl, I appreciate you asking. Thank you!

He may want to consider taking plain Mucinex 1200mg twice a day, drink plenty of fluids, and perhaps get an order for nebulizer treatments with albuterol or an albuterol inhaler if his doctor recommends. I did research on this for my self and my doctor concurred and I am a nurse:) You are right that he should also get an order for an antibiotic since with the flu, one can get a secondary bacterial infection as well. I swear by mucinex since I read that when taken during a cold that it can help prevent pneumonia:) I know that it has helped me a lot.

He may want to consider taking plain Mucinex 1200mg twice a day, drink plenty of fluids, and perhaps get an order for nebulizer treatments with albuterol or an albuterol inhaler if his doctor recommends. I did research on this for my self and my doctor concurred and I am a nurse:) You are right that he should also get an order for an antibiotic since with the flu, one can get a secondary bacterial infection as well. I swear by mucinex since I read that when taken during a cold that it can help prevent pneumonia:) I know that it has helped me a lot.

Thank you for this info!