Menu

Can you suggest a daily devotional booklet?

My mom has been receiving and reading "Our Daily Word" for years and years. She's always enjoyed it, but finds that it's becoming (in her words) "too kumbaya."

I looked online at "Our Daily Bread," but the samples were not the supportive stuff she was looking for. She's fighting cancer and wants uplifting and spiritual as opposed to educational.

Do any of you ladies and gents know of any other booklets like these two she could subscribe to? I know she wants something in print. She reads it before she goes to sleep at night so a web site just isn't conducive.

Mom is a Christian, but non-denominational. She's pretty open.

Thanks in advance.

My mom has been receiving and reading "Our Daily Word" for years and years. She's always enjoyed it, but finds that it's becoming (in her words) "too kumbaya." I looked online at "Our Daily Bread," but the samples were not the supportive stuff she was looking for. She's fighting cancer and wants uplifting and spiritual as opposed to educational.

Do any of you ladies and gents know of any other booklets like these two she could subscribe to? I know she wants something in print. She reads it before she goes to sleep at night so a web site just isn't conducive.

Mom is a Christian, but non-denominational. She's pretty open.

Thanks in advance.

I don't have a suggestion, but the bolded part has me :lol::D

I like this one which is episcopalian, (like me!), so thus based on a liturgical year cycle of daily Bible readings. I don't think though, that it'd be either too kumbaya, or too "episcopalian"--it has a pretty general Christian feel to it. You can see today's devotion at the link, and see if your mom would like its style. :001_smile:

This is one that I have loved over the last couple of years. It's a year's worth. The pages are short, but so encouraging and challenging.

A Gentle Spirit

If she wants something deeper for what she is dealing with, my sister has thrived in an extended illness because of this devotional. These aren't long, but very good.

Streams in the Desert