Menu

I hate being single sometimes ...

My car just broke down up the road a ways and I had to call my father to come help me. I don't have any money to fix it and have no idea what is wrong with it. My job doesn't pay squat, but it gives me a roof over my head (mobile home is included with the job). So ... here I sit ... waiting for my parents to get here and not knowing what is going to happen. This has been an ongoing problem with vehicles. Even though I work from home, I still need a vehicle to get me to the bank and post office (work errands) and to get groceries, etc.

Anybody know any single men?

I hate it, too.

I'm single and in a town where I know exactly 1 person. :(

That was me, having moved across country 7 years ago last month.

7 years ago on the 26th of *this* month, I met the man who'd become my husband (5 months and 6 wks later), and Daddy to my children (already born, one lost, and then Tazzie and Princess).

When I moved, I SWORE that I'd never EVER get married, dating would be a game for fun, forget the whole falling in love and marriage gig, I would count myself incredibly blessed to just be a Mom, accepting that 'Wife' wasn't in the cards for me.

God hates 'never EVER's I've discovered :lol::lol::lol:

That was me, having moved across country 7 years ago last month.

7 years ago on the 26th of *this* month, I met the man who'd become my husband (5 months and 6 wks later), and Daddy to my children (already born, one lost, and then Tazzie and Princess).

When I moved, I SWORE that I'd never EVER get married, dating would be a game for fun, forget the whole falling in love and marriage gig, I would count myself incredibly blessed to just be a Mom, accepting that 'Wife' wasn't in the cards for me.

God hates 'never EVER's I've discovered :lol::lol::lol:

Sweet! I'm going to try that. "I am Never Ever going to be a wife!"

I'll get back to you with the results. *hope*

My car just broke down up the road a ways and I had to call my father to come help me. I don't have any money to fix it and have no idea what is wrong with it. My job doesn't pay squat, but it gives me a roof over my head (mobile home is included with the job). So ... here I sit ... waiting for my parents to get here and not knowing what is going to happen. This has been an ongoing problem with vehicles. Even though I work from home, I still need a vehicle to get me to the bank and post office (work errands) and to get groceries, etc.

Anybody know any single men?

:grouphug: Unfortunately I don't know any single men, if I did I would be hitting on them lol Do you have a neighbor or someone that could help you out with rides temporarily until you figure things out with your car?

Wow. This really could have been written by me. This is so weird. My car just broke down for the third time in the past 3 months. Luckily this morning it was not a big deal. One of my kids turned the light on inside the car and we got out without shutting it off .Battery died. I have Triple A and I would highly recommend it. They came to my house and jumped the car. However before the guy got here I sat down and cried. I try not to do this on a regular basis but sometimes I get so overwhelmed being a single mom of 4 kids and ALONE. It sucks. I don't know any other way to say it. It just flat out sucks. And it's scary too sometimes. I don't live around family. It's just me and my 4 kids. My family lives in another state but they are helpful to me financially if I ever need it and for that I am more grateful than anyone could ever understand . We arent' rich by any means but if something happens I know I can call on a family member to help me out. I try not to though b/c I want to take care of myself as much as I can.

Lately I've been feeling really depressed though. I've been divorced for three years this month and even though I keep telling myself that it will get better sometimes I dont' feel like it will. I've been alone for 3 years and to be honest I just don't see that changing. Not a lot of men want to marry someone with 4 kids and I refuse to even date a man who views my children as "baggage". I have had men interested but it would take God bringing a miracle in my life for it to happen. I will never put men before my children. It was different when I was married. I did put my husband first but now that I'm single...men don't come first. They come never..lol...I refuse to just date for recreation. So it will have to be a miracle if it happens again.

Being alone is difficult, lonely and sad. Most of all it can be scary. I deal with anxiety at things that can happen. The car got broken into last month. I live in a good neighborhood but things can happen. It's just easier to deal with when you have a husband that you feel can protect you. It's hard being the one to have to kill all the spiders! However my faith keeps me going. God has told me that He has plans for my life and that no weapon formed against me shall prosper. So I keep going forward and trusting Him. The depression always lifts and the sun comes out again!

Wow. This really could have been written by me. This is so weird. My car just broke down for the third time in the past 3 months. Luckily this morning it was not a big deal. One of my kids turned the light on inside the car and we got out without shutting it off .Battery died. I have Triple A and I would highly recommend it. They came to my house and jumped the car. However before the guy got here I sat down and cried. I try not to do this on a regular basis but sometimes I get so overwhelmed being a single mom of 4 kids and ALONE. It sucks. I don't know any other way to say it. It just flat out sucks. And it's scary too sometimes. I don't live around family. It's just me and my 4 kids. My family lives in another state but they are helpful to me financially if I ever need it and for that I am more grateful than anyone could ever understand . We arent' rich by any means but if something happens I know I can call on a family member to help me out. I try not to though b/c I want to take care of myself as much as I can.

Lately I've been feeling really depressed though. I've been divorced for three years this month and even though I keep telling myself that it will get better sometimes I dont' feel like it will. I've been alone for 3 years and to be honest I just don't see that changing. Not a lot of men want to marry someone with 4 kids and I refuse to even date a man who views my children as "baggage". I have had men interested but it would take God bringing a miracle in my life for it to happen. I will never put men before my children. It was different when I was married. I did put my husband first but now that I'm single...men don't come first. They come never..lol...I refuse to just date for recreation. So it will have to be a miracle if it happens again.

Being alone is difficult, lonely and sad. Most of all it can be scary. I deal with anxiety at things that can happen. The car got broken into last month. I live in a good neighborhood but things can happen. It's just easier to deal with when you have a husband that you feel can protect you. It's hard being the one to have to kill all the spiders! However my faith keeps me going. God has told me that He has plans for my life and that no weapon formed against me shall prosper. So I keep going forward and trusting Him. The depression always lifts and the sun comes out again!

This I relate to very much. I have been single for 8.5 years now. I feel like this is pretty much it for me, I will be single forever more. I do not live in a safe neighborhood over all, so dealing with the psycho that smashed all my van windows, or the woman stalking my son is very scary when I know it is just me and the kids. On the plus side being on my own dealing with everything as a single woman has made me stronger than I ever was. It has forced me to think outside the box and attempt things I wouldn't if I had a husband to do them(like home repairs, plumbing etc). I have learned to become extremely resourceful, something I always was but sicne becoming a single parent have truely mastered. So yes being single sucks rocks big time sometimes, sometimes it really is a good thing, and helps one grow into a better person.

:grouphug: Unfortunately I don't know any single men, if I did I would be hitting on them lol Do you have a neighbor or someone that could help you out with rides temporarily until you figure things out with your car?

I have the loan of my mother's car, but she needs it as well most of the time. I don't get along at all with my closest neighbor (nobody does). The only people around here I can ask for help from (close by) are some of my customers and most of them ride bicycles.:001_huh:

This I relate to very much. I have been single for 8.5 years now. I feel like this is pretty much it for me, I will be single forever more. I do not live in a safe neighborhood over all, so dealing with the psycho that smashed all my van windows, or the woman stalking my son is very scary when I know it is just me and the kids. On the plus side being on my own dealing with everything as a single woman has made me stronger than I ever was. It has forced me to think outside the box and attempt things I wouldn't if I had a husband to do them(like home repairs, plumbing etc). I have learned to become extremely resourceful, something I always was but sicne becoming a single parent have truely mastered. So yes being single sucks rocks big time sometimes, sometimes it really is a good thing, and helps one grow into a better person.

I have definitely become a stronger person in the past 6 years. The only thing I have difficulty with is when my car breaks down. I can't afford a new one so I end up with cars that give me problems all the time. I don't know what I would do without my parents (my father particularly) helping me out.

I have definitely become a stronger person in the past 6 years. The only thing I have difficulty with is when my car breaks down. I can't afford a new one so I end up with cars that give me problems all the time. I don't know what I would do without my parents (my father particularly) helping me out.

I understand how you feel about the car. I told myself that as long as nothing goes terribly wrong with the house or car I can pretty much handle it. My car is paid off but it's a 97. I think preventive maintenance is the best way to go if possible. I try to maintain everything carefully and take it in when I have extra money to avoid anything major happening later. It still has been giving me issues though and due to that fact I have anxiety about driving places too far away especially at night . This is why I pretty much live in a 10 mile radius and don't go outside of that. Even though I live in a big city, I make it small b/c I won't travel out of my safe zone.

I always look at my divorce this way-I lost one man but I gained 4. I have a bug man, yard man, handyman, and car man. I also have a Fed Ex guy that likes me. So I guess that makes 5. Early on in my divorce, right after my husband walked out on me and I found out he was leaving me for a 19 year old I went through a breakdown of sorts. I would cry all the time and I couldn't control it. One day the Fed Ex guy came to the door and asked me why he hadn't seen my husband lately. I started crying. He asked me what was wrong and I told him . Can you believe I told the Fed Ex guy that my husband left me for a 19 year old and then I stood there in the doorway and cried on and on about it?? Yes that is one of my proud moments! LOL....You do crazy things when you're sitting on the edge of sanity!

Well...the Fed Ex guy started telling me that I was a wonderful, beautiful person and my husband must have been crazy to leave me. Ever since then he's wanted to go out with me. It's been 3 years and he's pretty much figured out that I don't date so he doesn't ask anymore. Every now and then he does but he always tells me how pretty I am--even when I'm standing there in pajamas and a robe :lol:. Every time I get a Fed Ex package he puts a smile on my face. For some reason, he likes me. Maybe I'm just the crazy lady who told him all her woes one day I got too close to the edge. I just know that my 13 y.o. dd has a fit when a package arrives, b/c she knows he wants to deliver more than a package!! lol...

Oh my goodness....My friend tells me it reminds her of that movie Legally Blonde when the manicurist lady and the Fed Ex guy get together.

I love your story. I think I'd be ordering things FedEx just for the emotional boost.

:grouphug: to all you single moms. I have a hard enough time coping with life as a married woman. I don't know how you all do it. May God bring each one of you the perfect man for you. :001_smile:

I understand how you feel about the car. I told myself that as long as nothing goes terribly wrong with the house or car I can pretty much handle it. My car is paid off but it's a 97. I think preventive maintenance is the best way to go if possible. I try to maintain everything carefully and take it in when I have extra money to avoid anything major happening later. It still has been giving me issues though and due to that fact I have anxiety about driving places too far away especially at night . This is why I pretty much live in a 10 mile radius and don't go outside of that. Even though I live in a big city, I make it small b/c I won't travel out of my safe zone.

I always look at my divorce this way-I lost one man but I gained 4. I have a bug man, yard man, handyman, and car man. I also have a Fed Ex guy that likes me. So I guess that makes 5. Early on in my divorce, right after my husband walked out on me and I found out he was leaving me for a 19 year old I went through a breakdown of sorts. I would cry all the time and I couldn't control it. One day the Fed Ex guy came to the door and asked me why he hadn't seen my husband lately. I started crying. He asked me what was wrong and I told him . Can you believe I told the Fed Ex guy that my husband left me for a 19 year old and then I stood there in the doorway and cried on and on about it?? Yes that is one of my proud moments! LOL....You do crazy things when you're sitting on the edge of sanity!

Well...the Fed Ex guy started telling me that I was a wonderful, beautiful person and my husband must have been crazy to leave me. Ever since then he's wanted to go out with me. It's been 3 years and he's pretty much figured out that I don't date so he doesn't ask anymore. Every now and then he does but he always tells me how pretty I am--even when I'm standing there in pajamas and a robe :lol:. Every time I get a Fed Ex package he puts a smile on my face. For some reason, he likes me. Maybe I'm just the crazy lady who told him all her woes one day I got too close to the edge. I just know that my 13 y.o. dd has a fit when a package arrives, b/c she knows he wants to deliver more than a package!! lol...

Oh my goodness....My friend tells me it reminds her of that movie Legally Blonde when the manicurist lady and the Fed Ex guy get together.

I don't mean to say this will find you male companion, but you might investigate churches in your area and locate a mid-size one that offers a program of 'small groups' or 'care groups'. There are many varieties of these, so it may take research, and multiple attempts to find a group you fit in with.

The groups are families that get together regularly for sharing, sometimes Bible study, and always praying and caring for the needs of others in the group. In our area, there are many churches which list these groups, contact persons, and where they meet. The groups are not intended (usually) to be only for church members. As I said, there are many variations on this it might take time to locate one you connect with.

The group my family is in has helped us thru a difficult summer with finances, job loss, our car problems, and just being there when we needed encouragement.

Maybe this would be a way to find families who would be friends for life, and support for this time in your life.

Blessings,

Joyce

Sweet! I'm going to try that. "I am Never Ever going to be a wife!"

I'll get back to you with the results. *hope*

Ditto I am going to try that too "I am never ever going to get remarried" ;)

I think the thing is, I'd truly given up. Completely. Had absolutely NO intention of EVER marrying, or having more children.

Go for coffee with him. What could it hurt? Seriously, a friendship is always a welcome thing. Nobody says it HAS to become more. Go for coffee. :D

Does your car insurance offer roadside service? Mine does and it's pretty cheap. I pay for the towing, and the insurance reimburses me immediately. As a single gal, I definitely found this to be helpful.

I've pretty much decided that I'm going to grow old with my cats. The only male who pays any attention to me is my male cat, anyway, and that's only because he wants food or a tummy rub. IMO, that's no different than having a man around! LOL (kidding, mostly)