Menu

Poll: Please Give Me a Verdict on This Gift Idea.

Would "Operation" be a good game for a 12 yo boy with 1 surgery done and 1 to go?  

1. 1. Would "Operation" be a good game for a 12 yo boy with 1 surgery done and 1 to go?

• Yes.
    • No

The 6th grade son of a friend of mine was admitted to the hospital today with a ruptured appendix. Apparently it ruptured a couple of days ago, but was only discovered early this morning.

The boy had one surgery today (to deal with the abcess) and faces another surgery in about 6 weeks to remove the appendix.

he'll be in the hospital for about a week, and then expects to be home and in bed for at least one more week.

So. We're putting together a care package for him of things he can do while in bed. Books, sweets, a small Lego set, etc.

I think it would be fun (and funny) to enclose the board game "Operation." :lol: Dh and eldest ds say everyone would laugh, but it's kind of a lame gift idea.

What say you? :001_smile:

while I think it's a great gag gift, I think your money would be better spent to get him something that he actually CAN occupy his time with. Know what he might like? Those metal puzzles where everything is twisted and tangled and they have to take it apart or do whatever. Or a game book, etc.

I do like your idea but think he's a little too old. :001_smile:

The 6th grade son of a friend of mine was admitted to the hospital today with a ruptured appendix. Apparently it ruptured a couple of days ago, but was only discovered early this morning.

The boy had one surgery today (to deal with the abcess) and faces another surgery in about 6 weeks to remove the appendix.

he'll be in the hospital for about a week, and then expects to be home and in bed for at least one more week.

So. We're putting together a care package for him of things he can do while in bed. Books, sweets, a small Lego set, etc.

I think it would be fun (and funny) to enclose the board game "Operation." :lol: Dh and eldest ds say everyone would laugh, but it's kind of a lame gift idea.

What say you? :001_smile:

Personally, I would think it was a hoot, but I don't know... someone else might get really offended (probably not the boy, but maybe the parents).

How well do you know them? Do you think they'd appreciate the humour?

Personally, I would think it was a hoot, but I don't know... someone else might get really offended (probably not the boy, but maybe the parents).

How well do you know them? Do you think they'd appreciate the humour?

Oh yeah. I know them really well. I think they'd laugh a lot, but I don't know if the game would get played. :)