Menu

Did you know the U.S. Navy has a rock band?

And would you guess that they are awesome? Everything from Johnny Cash to Taylor Swift to some heavy head-banging stuff that I didn't know. If you get a chance to hear them, it's not corny. We've been listening to them (came back to the pier just to hear another performance) and watching the Blue Angels. Awesome.

Yes, I did! :D We have a friend who is an Army band member, they were our neighbors in Germany, he was in the 1st Armored Division band at the time. In the Army they are part of a larger "band" and then they have jazz ensembles, rock bands, etc that come from the larger group for different performances. Is that how it works in the Navy? Just curious! :)

Yes, I did! :D We have a friend who is an Army band member, they were our neighbors in Germany, he was in the 1st Armored Division band at the time. In the Army they are part of a larger "band" and then they have jazz ensembles, rock bands, etc that come from the larger group for different performances. Is that how it works in the Navy? Just curious! :)

I have a good friend from high school in the Army Jazz Band. They are amazing.

Yes, they all have military bands and orchestras of various kinds. It is one of the things we really enjoy about being military. It is a very tough competition to get into them but I think it is a great way for a musician to keep being a musician while making a living. The ones we knew were very happy in their careers and excellent musicians.

I knew, too!

My dh was recruited to become a conductor for the Air Force back in 98. At that time, he decided not to pursue it - we were expecting dd#3, and weren't sure we wanted to enter a military/moving lifestyle.

Dh regrets it now - to some extent - and I think in hindsight he wished he could have pursued a military music career.

And would you guess that they are awesome? Everything from Johnny Cash to Taylor Swift to some heavy head-banging stuff that I didn't know. If you get a chance to hear them, it's not corny. We've been listening to them (came back to the pier just to hear another performance) and watching the Blue Angels. Awesome.

I knew that... but I still think it's cool.

They were good back then as well!

They were very good looking and I remember them singing a Beattles song and whoever was singing went to one girl in the high school and sang it directly to her. Well, the first few lines anyway. Very cool! (Not me or any orf my friends!)