Menu

What is at the top of your Netflix queue?

I try to find movies that my husband and I will both enjoy, but I have been striking out lately.

Last night's choice, Revolutionary Road, was a complete bust. He is still talking about how horrible that movie was! :lol:

I put Frost/Nixon at the top of the list for next week, but I need to stock up on ideas since we try to watch a movie together about once a week.

What are you looking forward to seeing? What was the last movie you and your husband/wife BOTH loved?

Sweet Land

Lars and the Real Girl (don't let the description worry you...it is not a movie about a man and his s*x doll...)

Mostly Martha (German)

The Kite Runner (pretty brutal at points, but wonderful storytelling)

Penelope (Reese Witherspoon)

A Good Woman (Helen Hunt & Scarlett Johanssen)

ETA: We just finished watching In Desert and Wilderness, a Polish film based upon the Sienkiewicz novel of the same name, which could be suitable for children (and probably historically useful, too) aged 8 or 9 and up (I think younger kids could watch it, but might get bored in places as it is a bit long -- the very sensitive child might be scared). I did a bit of reading about it, and it does stray from the novel, but is an "grand adventure" type of story. If you do get it, the DVD menu is in Polish. We had to hunt around for a while to find the English language track. Funny, we had the English subtitles on as well, and sometimes the dialogue was significantly different in meaning than the subtitles.

Edited by BikeBookBread

Last movie we both loved: The Fall - it was amazing

other movies we've enjoyed recently:

(this is a mix of feature films and documentaries, btw)

Born Into Brothels

Lars and the Real Girl

Cape Fear (original one)

Millions

Amelie

Paradise Now

I try to find movies that my husband and I will both enjoy, but I have been striking out lately.

Last night's choice, Revolutionary Road, was a complete bust. He is still talking about how horrible that movie was! :lol:

I put Frost/Nixon at the top of the list for next week, but I need to stock up on ideas since we try to watch a movie together about once a week.

What are you looking forward to seeing? What was the last movie you and your husband/wife BOTH loved?

Revolutionary Road was the first film my husband and I saw in the theater since we had kids. A bit of a downer, no? :tongue_smilie:

Here are some my dh and I have seen that we've both enjoyed:

The Soloist

Slumdog Millionaire

1940s House

Seven Pounds

Last chance Harvey

Pal Joey

Taken

The Bucket List

Death at a Funeral

Once

Pursuit of Happyness

Little Miss Sunshine

Into the Wild (I didn't see this but dh loved it and wants to see again, so I will watch it with him then)

Every Friday, we all watch a musical, so interspersed on my queue are Guys and Dolls, Camelot, Man of La Mancha, Jesus Christ Superstar, and the Mikado. Shows on my queue include Carnivale, She-Ra, and True Blood. Then I have my documentaries: Religulous, Who Killed the Electric Car?, Guns Germs and Steel, Coming Out Under Fire, Hacking Democracy, Jimmy Carter: Man from Plains, Raising Cain, Trained in the Ways of Men, and Resolved. Plain movies? I have Recount (which is a fictionalize documentary, or something strange like that), Juno, Garden State, Milk, Transamerica, The Times of Harvey Milk, and Another Country.

I second - or third Grand Torino. My hubby didn't want to watch it, but ended up really enjoying it. We have very different tastes in movies - I like plot, he likes special effects, but that movie was really great.

Do you like cop/mobster movies? My favorite that has come out in the last few years is The Departed.

I think I need to go rearrange my Netflix list - Monsters vs. Aliens, XMen, and Popular Mechanics for Kids are on the top of my list - none of which I picked out or want to watch.