Menu

Found a lump

I'm pretty sure it's swollen lymph nodes. It's in my right breast, the one that I get the most plugged ducts. It's an inch or two under my arm pit...about an inch wide and an inch and a half long. The long part is vertical like it's following the lymph node path. It's hard and not painful.

The really bad thing about this is that I had to cancel my private insurance (individual plan) at the end of July as the premium was raised to about $370 a month to cover just me and DH is only bringing home an average of $2000 a month right now and we've gone through our savings so we couldn't afford the premium anymore. My only insurance is "pregnancy medical" through the state and that ends this month. I just turned in paperwork they sent me to determine if I'm eligible to continue on state medical.

I found a large lump in my breast (probably about an inch long) one time a few months after I had my first DD. It was hard to the touch, but not painful. I called my doctor and they wanted me to come in and have it checked. Turns out, they had no idea what it was even after an examination and wanted to me to go for an ultrasound the next day. So I made the appointment while driving home.

Once at home, I was examining the area. It was towards the base of my breast. Then I noticed a tiny white dot on my nipple. I gently scraped it off and liquid began spurting out. Not milk, but clear liquid with a whitish tinge to it. It was a lot of liquid that was draining....and when it was finished, the lump was gone. I was seriously standing there in shock. I called the ultrasound place and cancelled my appointment. Then I called the doctor back and told them what had happened. They said it sounded like milk had gotten clogged up in there (however, what drained out was not purely white). They told me that usually comes along with pain.

It was the strangest thing. And from then on, I had plugged ducts occasionally in that breast.

I dont know it this may be what is happening to you, but I just thought I'd let you know my story. Maybe you can check and see if there are any white specks on your nipple.

Went to the doctor. She thinks it is a skin infection from shaving so she's putting me on an antibiotic. If it doesn't go away, she wanted to do an ultrasound. Because I may not have any insurance after this month, she decided to go ahead and do an ultrasound now rather than wait. It's scheduled for tomorrow afternoon.

I get lumps. I have what they call "Lumpy Bumpy Breasts", lol! Fibrocystic breast disease. I've had one removed, and everytime I find a new one and mention it to the doctors they want to remove it... I'm sorry but I'm not going to keep having these things removed just to keep getting them... So everytime I find a new one I'm like "Yay... oh well..." haha.

Anyways, hopefully it will clear up now that you're on antibiotics...

I don't know if you do or not, or if she mentioned it... but I would avoid using deodorant for a while... And maybe even not shave for a while...? I hate shaving my arm pits...

:grouphug:

Went to the doctor. She thinks it is a skin infection from shaving so she's putting me on an antibiotic. If it doesn't go away, she wanted to do an ultrasound. Because I may not have any insurance after this month, she decided to go ahead and do an ultrasound now rather than wait. It's scheduled for tomorrow afternoon.

oh, awesome. I was going to tell you to explain the situation, and I was certain they'd get you in by the end of the month.

I hope all goes well for you! Sure it will!

It's an amazing disappearing lump!

I found the lump on Tuesday night as I nursed Madelynn asleep. I was too busy to worry about it on Wednesday. On Thursday I called for an appointment with my doctor, an ARNP, and got in the same day. She described the lump as being at the edge of the right breast, 1cm by 3cm, and rubbery. She thought it might be a skin infection from shaving and gave me antibiotics. We also scheduled an ultrasound for today. Today, I had a hard time finding the lump for the tech; I could only feel a small sore area. The ultrasound doctor said that there was no mass anywhere in that area. I've only had 2 doses of an antibiotic that I'm suppose to take 3 times a day for 10 days...it can't have worked that much already, could it?

So, what we have is an amazing disappearing lump. At least I didn't imagine it. The ARNP felt it too.

Weird!

I wonder what it was.