Menu

Just for the record

I think the only reason that rapper jerk is "remorseful" is because he was booed. If people had applauded him he'd be strutting around like the little banty rooster he is.

And changing the subject, I don't like TS either. Anyone who sings about sneaking out at night and being rebellious, then asking God if she can do it again doesn't get my vote. I'm glad my kids don't know who she is.

I think the only reason that rapper jerk is "remorseful" is because he was booed. If people had applauded him he'd be strutting around like the little banty rooster he is.

And changing the subject, I don't like TS either. Anyone who sings about sneaking out at night and being rebellious, then asking God if she can do it again doesn't get my vote. I'm glad my kids don't know who she is.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - I like the way you think!:lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: I was thinking the same thing when I saw that he was "remorseful" for what he said.

Yep....same thing for Serena Williams. In her post game press conference, she said she wasn't sorry for anything she said.....now that the media is all over it.....well....she apologized and changed her tune, LOL. As for KW......it is pretty pathetic he has any fans at all, LOL.

IAnd changing the subject, I don't like TS either. Anyone who sings about sneaking out at night and being rebellious, then asking God if she can do it again doesn't get my vote. I'm glad my kids don't know who she is.

So you won't let your children read Romeo and Juliet? What about other Shakespeare plays like MacBeth and Hamlet? Those are full of sinful deeds, but his work is hailed as being great.

Oh, oh.. My favorite Taylor Swift song is The Best Day. I cry everytime I hear it. It has the most beautiful lyrics I've heard in a song. I don't feel that way about my mom but that is how I raised my children. I've stayed behind them and let them shine.

So you won't let your children read Romeo and Juliet? What about other Shakespeare plays like MacBeth and Hamlet? Those are full of sinful deeds, but his work is hailed as being great.

Oh, oh.. My favorite Taylor Swift song is The Best Day. I cry everytime I hear it. It has the most beautiful lyrics I've heard in a song. I don't feel that way about my mom but that is how I raised my children. I've stayed behind them and let them shine.

As a matter of fact mine read Shakespeare. I can't believe you'd compare him to Taylor Swift. They read R&J but were not impressed with them. Thought they were pretty stupid. Those two didn't have such a happy ending.

Taylor Swift is no more than a flash in a pan. I'm tickled pink that mine would rather listen to just about anyone else but her.

And btw, my babies shine so bright you'd better put your sunglasses on.

As a matter of fact mine read Shakespeare. I can't believe you'd compare him to Taylor Swift.

Um, I'm not comparing Taylor Swift to Shakespeare. I'm talking about the story lines of his plays. R&J talks of sneaking out at night which is being rebellious. I wondered if you didn't like that message in TS's song, you probably didn't like it in Shakespeare's play. The message is the same as far as I'm concerned. We all have our opinions I suppose.

And btw, my babies shine so bright you'd better put your sunglasses on.

I hope you don't think my comment was a dig at your parenting skills. I was just saying the lyrics of her song were a beautiful testament to her mother.

Whole thing sounded like a dig to me. I stated my opinion of Taylor Swift and you start up with what I do and don't let my kids read? What the hell?

Oh good grief. I shouldn't have mentioned the song as you don't know the lyrics. I was sharing what I consider to be a beautiful moment in my role of being a mother. But whatever chicklet.

And yes, I one-star rated this thread because of your intentions to bash someone you don't even know. It's rude and presumptuous.

I don't know much about TS or KW, but he was horribly rude and arrogant and I'm glad he got the reaction he did.

And, sort of along this topic, I listen to an oldies station in the car (when I don't have my iPod going) and whenever that song that goes, "Please, go all the way!" comes on, I sing, "Please, don't fornicate!"

I crack myself up. :lol:

Remuda, Remuda...pass the salsa, Hon. :lol:

I think he's a dink. Diva likes TS. Heaven help me. The country station is the only one we've really allowed her to play in her room, because up until the last while, it was the only station you could count on NOT talking about s*x, being explicit, etc. More of the songs are about intact families, loving a spouse, etc...more in line with our values.

*sigh*

Got any salsa?

I was amazed at the reporting of his apology on some talk show..he essentially apologized because he let "HIS" pain cause someone else "PAIN"...HUH?? So when does the abuser become the victim?? I guess he was entitled to his pain so he's entitled to share his grief...what a narcissist in the biggest way.

Tara

(Oh, and I'd never watch ANYTHING on MTV...it's twaddle in the most lewd way)

I was amazed at the reporting of his apology on some talk show..he essentially apologized because he let "HIS" pain cause someone else "PAIN"...HUH?? So when does the abuser become the victim?? I guess he was entitled to his pain so he's entitled to share his grief...what a narcissist in the biggest way.

Tara

(Oh, and I'd never watch ANYTHING on MTV...it's twaddle in the most lewd way)

IME, abusers typically view themselves as victims. "If _________ hadn't happened, I'd not have been forced to react (beat, insult, whatever) that way!" Bah. :glare: