Menu

How do you fasten maps to the wall?

HollyBee

This probably sounds like a dumb question, but how do you hang (laminated) wall maps? I've tried in the past to just use thumbtacks, but eventually (less than a year) the corners got ripped out and the maps fell. I now have new maps, and I'd like to avoid that happening again. I'm wondering if I should try to get poster frames for them, but I hate to spend the money right now (though if that's the best option, I would do it).

Any suggestions? :bigear:

Thanks!

Holly

We take the maps to a stationary store and have them mounted on foam core. That is just right--stiff enough to stand them up, but still very lightweight.

DD has a low bookshelf in her HS room, and we lean the maps against the wall from that bookshelf. We have two. One is the US and the other is the world. Whichever one we are not currently using is stored behind the bookshelf.

I staple my maps/posters to the walls. they make sure small holes so even if I rearrange you can't see the holes when looking at the wall. When we ever paint the holes will fill in just nicely without extra work.

I only had one map rip out when a kid put their feet up on the wall and rip it down. Hasn't happened since!

and with stapling you don't have the tacks sticking out...kids can't pull them out. :D