Menu

Is there a caffeine-free or herbal organic tea that actually tastes like regular tea?

I really like Rooibos (an herb from Africa). One thing that makes it different from regular tea is that it does not get bitter if you steep it too long. I will put a bag into a travel mug, poor in boiling water and a few drops of stevia (the sweetener I use) and I'm good to go without having to worry about removing the bag.

Celestial Seasonings makes a Madagascar Vanilla Red that I really like.

Regular Rooibos tastes great as an iced tea too. I think it has a rich mellow flavor --regular herbal teas can taste a lot like a flavored water...

Jann

No. Tea is tea. Herbal teas have their own, distinct flavors. No "equivalencies". I like both.

Are you unable to develop a liking for any of the herbal teas? Or is it that you are unable to relinquish the desire for standard tea ?

I know that, were I sentenced to consume only carob, and never again to consume chocolate, I would not adapt easily or happily. Maybe a good analogy to your tea situation [?].

(signed, a tea drinker for over thirty years)

I can't have ANY caffeine, even a decaf tea. So I drink mint tea, raspberry tea, and so on, but sometimes I just want tea that tastes like tea (not green either!)

I can't seem to find an organic, non-caffeinated tea like this! Does this exist?

I know that, were I sentenced to consume only carob, and never again to consume chocolate, I would not adapt easily or happily.

LOL! I guess when I think of tea, it's more the traditional tea, and I guess it's also due to like Peela says-the milk and honey factor. I wasn't ever a huge tea drinker, but when I did drink tea, it was a regular tea flavor.

You're right-they are distinct tastes: herbal and regular tea, and I'm wishing for the best of both worlds-an herbal that tastes like a regular. It gets tough not ever being ever to have a mocha latte or any of these other special warm drinks. Sometimes I want more than just a "flavored water" taste of herbal teas, I guess. I haven't really found an herbal tea that I'm in love with either, so maybe that's part of it.