Menu

I <3 my dh

Our homeschooling journey began over two years ago, with a big "discussion" about (dun da dun) socialization. Dh was pretty sure about the academics, but he was very skeptical about turning out "normal"(ish) kids.

Yesterday, he was telling someone he was working with that our kids are homeschooled. They guy starts to ask "What about-"

"Socialization? Yeah, it's cr@p!"

The word cr@p has never made me feel so good! :lol:

P.S. He also sat and listened to SWB's "The Joy of Classical Education" and gave it two thumbs up.

When we decided to HS, the only person who mentioned the S word was our neighbor, a public school teacher. Well, now her son and my 5 yo son are now best friends, in and out of each other's houses all the stinkin' time, and she's always telling me and the rest of the neighborhood how wonderful my son is, what a joy he is to have around, what a great friend he is, etc. Even her parents, who live 2 states away, know my son and have commented on what a great kid he is.

Funny, but I haven't heard her mention the S word lately!

Terri

My Dh defends the homeschooling as well--in fact, maybe he defends it too much! I try not to be "in your face" about homeschooling, but sometimes he starts to brag on the kids and it gets a little overbearing. "Well, OUR kids are HOMEschooled!" he'll announce.

I don't try to stop him--I'd rather have him extra proud, than fighting me the whole way.

Carrie, I'm so glad your dh is supportive. I hear all the time from folks who have problems getting someone in their family "on board."

Have to say, too, I finally figured out the symbol in the title of your post! ("What? I is less than 3 my dh? HuH?") lololol