Menu

s/o Pancake/syrup thread: A metaphor for something else?

I saw the pancake thread mentioned in a thread about tea.

If the pancake thing is another metaphor, then can someone please tell me how to change my vote? ;)

I hope you've misread something. Because if the whole pancake syrup thing is a metaphor for something else, I'd probably like to recind my vote. :tongue_smilie:

If we're thinking this about various threads, then I would rather people speak directly about things on this board than use other words to "mask" the true subject. It's confusing to say the least. It can be construed as mean if only some answer correctly and the rest answer with a literal meaning. I find the tea threads confusing because some threads are actually asking about tea. Even the bookshelves ones. You can embarrass someone, especially someone who is new to the boards.

Oops, I mean pancake syrup!! ;) They say men are attracted to women wearing food scents (vanilla, etc.) I thought maybe we were using pancake syrup as perfume to attract our dh's...

Well, dang it! I wish you had told me that before I rubbed all this pancake batter into my skin! Now I've got to scrape it off and start all over!

Just weighing in here.

I started the pancake thread & it was truly about pancakes (and syrup and cutting and knives.)

I personally do not know if "pancake" is an euphemism for anything else.

Whew! That's a relief. I wouldn't want to have to change my avatar because it's "questionable", lol.