Menu

Where do you buy good bath towels?

:iagree: Macy's sales (or wedding registry) rock. We have towels we got when we were married and they still look (and feel) new. (I know because I just found one of the deep purple washcloths in a file cabinet drawer I haven't opened in 8 years.) They're Royal Velvet (though not velvety - they're all loop) by Fieldcrest.

I have others that felt great new but are now drek.

I've always gotten mine for Lands' End, and they're very good. Last for years (longer than I want them to, LOL)

I bought some from Pottery Barn and I love them. Very rich colors, but not bright and glaring. :o)

The Hotel towels at Macy's are wonderful! My mom has some, and really likes them. She waits for sales, though. They're rather pricey.

June is usually a White Sale month isn't it?

For selling our house, I needed some new plush bath towels and hand towels to fluff our bathrooms a bit. I bought these towels from Amazon (also available on Macy's). I purchased in pearl and chocolate. They're amazingly soft, and I heard they were best rated overall in Consumer Reports.

http://www.amazon.com/Lenox-Platinum-Collection-Towel-Essence/dp/B0007UA87I/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1245794214&sr=1-2

I buy the packs of 8 white towels for $20 at Sam's, and then buy new ones twice a year. The old ones (usually stained, greyed or otherwise damaged) become dog towels or are used for packing padding.

I gave up entirely on buying "good" towels when we had children. :) Oh, and my DH is HORRIBLE about being completely nasty when he comes in from working in the shop, so sometimes one towel won't do it...that is, one *shower* doesn't really get him clean.

Anyway, I'd rather have new white towels a couple of times a year.

I've always had Land's End towels and loved them--thick, fluffy, and lasting forever! But, the house we now live in apparently doesn't have terrific ventilation in the bathrooms, because my LE towels never dry and begin to smell musty (despite my vinegar rinse).

I recently bought a set of Canopy towels from WalMart--$6.00 per bath towel. They are advertised as follows:

Stays fresher longer

Dries faster to save energy

Ultra-soft 100% cotton

I've found these claims to be true so far. My towels are hefty enough, absorbent, and dry much faster than my LE towels. Might be worth a try.

Beth