Menu

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jenn in Mo

What is the little green box?

Within each post, to the right of the poster's name is a run down of join date, location, number of posts, and....a little green box. If you hover over the box, it says "Jenn in Mo is on a distinguished road".

I am?

Wha??

Eek - how stressful! What about us paranoid people who need to get a life and stop worrying about what other people are thinking? Quick! Someone click my green box and boost my self-esteem! LOL.

Actually, you can click on the scales in the blue bar at the top of someone's post to add to their 'reputation'.

I gave you a vote of confidence, Jenn!

So where does the reputation thing show up? I haven't seen anything specifically for it yet. Aside from the green box, but it seems to be just general. But if I were to leave a message with my vote of confidence...where would that be visible?

siggy.jpg

Greetings to you from the other side!

WTMCassandra

Awww. Thanks, Cassandra. I'm glad you made it over.

Hey, hubby put your book in the mail for me today. They were wonderful, and I thank you! I will be ordering one of them for myself.

I was so glad to be able to do something nice for you--it was so great of you to let me stay there when you didn't know me IRL. Very gutsy! And you and your boys are great (wish I could've met your DH too).

Blessings!

WTMCassandra

But is that just for that one post/thread or does it change it for good? If you leave a comment does everyone see it?

You know, I did this for Jenn yesterday, when I saw her neat avatar. When I clicked on it again tonight, it said I had to spread my kudos around some before I could give her any more - so I think there are controls to prevent someone from upping the reputation of another too quickly......

Regena

Look at all the green boxes that SWB has and what it says when you scan over them! So these are going to evolve for us just like our larvae into queen bees......

Regena

Ooh! Ooh! I can answer this. I came looking for something to tell me how I got a reputation. It shows up when I look in my profile or user control panel thingy! I was so proud of myself for getting a reputation.