Menu

Times like these I wish I had a close friend IRL

Usually it's enough that my mom, my brother, my kids and my husband are the closest friends I have. But my dad has cancer and must have his bladder removed next week and my husband and I are having serious problems. Without getting into details I'll just say there's lying involved and I'm feeling pretty betrayed and well, just exasperated. And just to top off everything else our dog disappeared into thin air this morning.

I'm strangely detached and not upset. Maybe that will come later? Right now I'm just kind of numb.

Barb

Oh sweetie. I'm sorry your having such a hard time.

I have been in a similar place before and it is not fun.

I haver IRL friends but they are several states away.

If you were closer, I would have you over for tea and a hug.

I hope you feel better soon.

:grouphug:

Sorry to hear about your situation but there’s one thing that you should not forget to do every day and that is pray. Yes, prayers can move mountains Barb so ask and you will be answered. Have faith and think positive. These trials are not given to us if we can’t overcome them so just stay strong.

Oh sweetie. I'm sorry your having such a hard time.

I have been in a similar place before and it is not fun.

I haver IRL friends but they are several states away.

If you were closer, I would have you over for tea and a hug.

I hope you feel better soon.

:grouphug:

Do you have a big squishy couch? I could really use one of those, too. Boy, what a crappy year this has been so far.

You know, this forum really is a great place. Even though we do not know each other personally we can all identity with difficult times. I am sending my love, hugs, and prayers. Also, hoping that you are able to build a strong network of friendships to help you through.

Laurel T.

I am really loving this board too.

Barb, when I read your post my heart just went out to you, I wanted to cry for you, and let you cry on my shoulder.:grouphug:

It's so wonderful to come to a place where "strangers" support each other.

Wishing you all the best. And lots of hugs too!:grouphug::grouphug:

Oh Barb, I am so sorry for all your troubles right now. This is board is a great resource in times of trouble. We might be strangers but I believe many of us have made personal connections with others on the board who have helped us through times of trials. I know I personally have had the help and support of many of the dear women here during the really rough two years I had a while back. All this to say that please feel free to PM me if you just need someone to chat with or even vent to or dump on and if not me then perhaps someone else that feel a closer bond with. In any case my prayers are with you and I am wishing you the strength to deal with your adversities and peace of mind. :grouphug: