Menu

Oh man, I got sucked in..........

I took the IQ test on FB and put my phone # in there. Then I figured out it wanted money. I guess since I stopped there I'm safe? No visa or anything.

I took the dang thing because it looked like all my friends did, they didn't.

So, I think this means I flunked the IQ test obviously. Not enough coffee this morning.

You will get text messages -- at around $10 each. You will have to enter the text message phone # that comes in your phone with the message "stop."

My son did this -- that's how I know.

I'm assuming they asked you for your cell phone #, right? That's how they do it. When you enter the #, I have been told that in the fine print, you actually give the company the right to bill you for each text message they send you.

Don't ever give phone #s to companies -- they will either charge you or sell your # to some other company.

DEFINITELY call your carrier. We have a thing on our service so that we have to put a pin # to accept charges for any application like that. You might try that also so as not to get sucked in accidentally any other time/method.

Verizon Wireless did nothing to reverse the charges because my son, by giving the company his cell phone #, agreed to the terms.

I know--I think it's LYING, CHEATING, STEALING, BAD BUSINESS PRACTICE, FALSE REPRESENTATION, LAWYER-PLAYGROUND, the way they use your friends' faces & say they've said stuff. In fact, somebody ought to complain to FB. Somebody ought to sue the co for using your pics. I find it OUTRAGEOUS, can you tell?

I caught the charge after the first one -- my son had ignored it, but it showed up on the account. I googled the code and found out how to stop it.

You could probably find the quiz you took and look for the name in the fine print. Then you could google the name and probably find the code to stop it before you even get the text message.

This is what I find when I googled "facebook iq test text message"

http://www.google.com/search?q=facebook+iq+test+text+message&rls=com.microsoft:*:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7GPEA_en

Here's a great blog entry about it:

http://kirkpete.blogspot.com/2009/03/think-twice-before-having-fun-on.html

My son's company was Ringaza with the cancel code being 75714.

Edited by nestof3

Man that stinks, I tried taking that quiz too but felt weird giving them my phone # so I stopped it right there. The other quizzes don't ask for that. I figured they were lying. Thank you for letting me know that my hunch was right. Now I can definitely ignore it. It's not like I wanted to know whether I was smarter than my friends anyway. :o

I know--I think it's LYING, CHEATING, STEALING, BAD BUSINESS PRACTICE, FALSE REPRESENTATION, LAWYER-PLAYGROUND, the way they use your friends' faces & say they've said stuff. In fact, somebody ought to complain to FB. Somebody ought to sue the co for using your pics. I find it OUTRAGEOUS, can you tell?

Ummm, not really. :D Would you mind elaborating for us?? :lol:

I took the IQ test on FB and put my phone # in there. Then I figured out it wanted money. I guess since I stopped there I'm safe? No visa or anything.

So, I think this means I flunked the IQ test obviously. Not enough coffee this morning.

Check your phone bill right now. I did the IQ test on FB and put my cell # in so they could send my score. I've received several texts-each which charge *me* .20 per message. I also have a charge to my cell bill for $19.99 for the same day. There is a "short code" on the cell bill. I texted the word "stop" to this code and now I won't be charged anything else(hopefully). I do have to buy the $20+ extra on my cell bill. I'm really annoyed. Never, never again will I take any of those quizzes.

See, when it said bil thought I was an idiot, I knew it had to be some kind of fraud. He's got a degree in football, and although the fear has subsided over the years, he used to crawl in a chair if I looked at him wrong. I think he thought I could melt his skin with my brain.

But anyway, he's not going to go around calling me an idiot on FB. Neither would the assoc pastor of our church or my gr-grandmother's gr-niece, kwim?

See, when it said bil thought I was an idiot, I knew it had to be some kind of fraud. He's got a degree in football, and although the fear has subsided over the years, he used to crawl in a chair if I looked at him wrong. I think he thought I could melt his skin with my brain.

But anyway, he's not going to go around calling me an idiot on FB. Neither would the assoc pastor of our church or my gr-grandmother's gr-niece, kwim?

I've always wondered how it isn't illegal to write out that I said or did something that I never did or said?:confused:

So did you ever get your IQ score? :tongue_smilie::tongue_smilie::tongue_smilie::lol::lol::lol: