Menu

BA-type logic puzzles

My ds really loves the logic puzzles in BA, but not the ones that you usually think of when you think "logic puzzles" (e.g., matching things up on a grid). So, for example, he really enjoyed sudoku, and then loved the sumduko that BA made up even more. He liked their variations on mindsweeper, and got a huge kick out of the puzzles where each row and column has a number on it, and you have to enter digits into the grid so the the row and column products matched the given number.

Besides the "extras" on the BA website, does anyone know where else I can get a variety of logic-y puzzles like this? Or does he just have to make his peace with waiting until more come along in his BA books?

Critical Thinking Company has some. If you look around on amazon, there are books. Just search for math puzzles or math brain teasers. 

If you go online, you can find ken ken, strimko, skyscraper, etc puzzles for free all over the place online.

• Like 1

Critical Thinking Company has some. If you look around on amazon, there are books. Just search for math puzzles or math brain teasers. 

If you go online, you can find ken ken, strimko, skyscraper, etc puzzles for free all over the place online.

Thanks! I just don't know the names of these puzzles to even search for them! lol. So this is a great starting point for me!

Teacher Created Resources has a grade-leveled series Puzzles and Games that Make Kids Think that has puzzles like you're describing. It specifically has grid problems like you described, but it has lots of other kids too. We enjoy them and I throw them in our work packets to keep him happy.

Puzzles And Games That Make Kids Think Search Results | Teacher Created Resources

They have some other good brain teaser books, btw. Just snoop around. Most publishers (TeacherCreated, Carson-Dellosa, etc.) will have something like that. They might call them Fast Finishers or something, but they usually have them. Teacher Created has a Mind Twisters series and another publisher (can't remember which) had a series 3rd and up called Brain Teasers

Edited by PeterPan
  • Like 1

Am I the only one who thinks "Bad A$$ type logic puzzles" every time I see this thread?  That's a Kick-A$$ homeschool!  :laugh:   

You totally just gave me a way to make these more interesting for my kid who isn't clamoring for more thinking tasks.

• Like 2