Menu

SodaStream too fizzy? Brands?

Laura Corin

We got a manual operated SodaStream which requires one plastic bottle to make it in, but then I got 2 extra glass carafes to hold the fizzy water  after it's made. (some models you can make it direct into the glass bottle).    

We have been very, very happy with it. It has cut down on both plastic and also on sugar consumption and has increased water intake during the day.

Ours can be virtually fizz-less if you hold the push button for only a moment, to very fizzy if held a long time, or even pushed more than once.

• Like 3

Love our Soda Stream

Fizzy water is fine-- but our family favorite is Ikea's lingonberry syrup or their blueberry syrup-- makes AWESOME soda!

DD prefer's hers 'light' on fizz so only 1 big push for her.  I like it better with 2 (for a bit more fizz).

Edited by Jann in TX
  • Like 2

LOVE our SodaStream.  We used to spend a fortune on seltzer, none of us like water.  With the sodastream we don't even add flavoring.  We fill and reuse our gallon water jugs at a shack for 25 cents a gallon to make it.  The water here is undrinkable from the tap.  I like 3 pumps for my perfect fizziness.

• Like 1

Have any of you fizzed something other than water?  I know you're not supposed to, but I'm debating between SodaStream and Drinkmate because the latter lets you carbonate anything that doesn't have pulp in it:  https://www.amazon.com/Drinkmate-Beverage-Carbonation-Maker-Cylinder/dp/B018K1C3KK/  (I want to carbonate teas or water + juice, etc. not necessarily stuff with syrup you add later)

Edited by 6packofun