Menu

Prayers for a baby and for my db. *Update*

klmama

My step-brother and his wife have been trying to adopt for a long time.  They have been chosen by several birth moms, but each time the adoption has fallen through when the moms decided to keep the babies.  It has been emotionally devastating for them, much like back when they were trying to conceive but couldn't.  This is the last time they will try to adopt.  

I can't pray for this woman to give up her own child, but I can pray for what is best for this baby boy and for peace for my step-brother and his dw, regardless of what happens.  Would you please pray for them with me?

Update:  They have brought home the baby. The birth mom has signed the papers, but the father has not.  He's in prison and wants extensive access to the baby, more than they are comfortable with given his history.  So, even though they have the baby at home, they are still in limbo until they and the father can come to an agreement.  Would you please pray that this situation would work out best for the baby, with peace for the birth father and my db and his wife?  

Edited by klmama
  • Like 4

Praying with you.  Dd had a similar experience, but only once. I can't imagine going through it multiple times.  I hope they bring home a baby soon.  Totally know what you mean about not being able to pray that the mom will give the baby up, but I also worry that when a mom sees a baby and changes her mind that it's an emotional decision, not necessarily a well thought out plan.   I do hope that this baby boy goes home with whoever is best for him. 

:grouphug:

• 3 weeks later...

Update:  They have brought home the baby. The birth mom has signed the papers, but the father has not.  He's in prison and wants extensive access to the baby, more than they are comfortable with given his history.  So, even though they have the baby at home, they are still in limbo until they and the father can come to an agreement.  Would you please pray that this situation would work out best for the baby, with peace for the birth father and my db and his wife?  

• Like 2