Menu

help???? wedding present for 2nd marriage

cintinative

For a couple that appear to be very wealthy.  I am unfortunately almost out of time for really looking for something. Is an Amazon gift card tacky?  We don't have a lot of money.  How do I know how much is a good amount? Normally I would shoot for $30-$50 depending on the person.  We really can't do more than $50.

I don't think Amazon is tacky, but I have a bit of a love affair with my Prime account.

How about a gift card for Omaha Steaks or a subscription to a meal service like Blue Apron?  Something they usually wouldn't splurge on for themselves, but that is consumable so you don't need to worry about it matching their style.

• Like 2

Breakfast gift card it is! Now to try to find a decent wedding greeting card. I just saw one that said something like "I hope your life together is filled with laughter, love, and longevity."   I had not thought about how some cards could be inappropriate for 2nd marriages until now.  LOL.

• Like 4

I like the breakfast/brunch idea.

But I'll toss in one more. We're going to a wedding in a few weeks where the couple is relatively well established and didn't register for anything and we're giving a donation in their name to a charity they like. This will be the second wedding where we did a donation instead of a gift.

• Like 2

I have gone to Etsy and had a plaque done with their last name (only works if both of them have the same last name) and first names with the wedding date engraved. There are different designs and different prices - definitely within the $50 range.

Perhaps just a nice card would suffice?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/225731383/personalized-wood-family-established?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_us_branded-home_and_living-freeutm_custom1=c6795ef8-4d7a-4d08-92df-8574cfcd5ccc&gclid=CJnEhbzUrM8CFYkBaQodjR8CoQ

Edited by Liz CA
  • Like 1