Menu

Suggestions for a quite place to do standardized testing

So I thought I had the prefect plan.  I am giving my older two the Stanford 10 this weekend and I planned to do this at the library close to our house.  I wanted to do it away from home so the younger ones wouldn't be a distraction.  Well I didn't look at the calendar very closely when I planned all this weeks ago, if I did I would have known it was Memorial day weekend and the libraries would be closed Sunday and Monday (I need 3 days to test)!  

I need some ideas for free quiet place I can test, please.  

For the past two years, I've tested my children at home.  (Previously they tested at a local private school.)

I scheduled the tests so that one of my older children was available to watch the youngers.  They would put a movie on for them behind a closed door and make sure that they were quiet.

I had five children to test this year and we finished in 3 (or 4?) days.  I just used one child's break time as a testing time for another.

I always put the child who was testing in my bedroom closet with a clipboard.  Not really ideal, but that way, I could close two doors.  It's harder if you actually have to read the test as you do sometimes with the younger students.

• 2 weeks later...

I only did an hour each day over 10 days (ITBS and CogAT) and had the older kids keep the younger ones occupied upstairs while DS tested at the kitchen table. It wasn't as quiet as I remember the test Nazis keeping us when I was in elementary school ;) but it was good enough.