Menu

My Bookshark box is here!

dewdropfairy

Excellent! We just got our 2nd grade boxes last week and I'm eagerly awaiting our 4th and 6th grade boxes. It's so exciting!

We also swapped math for two of the levels with no problem, they were very helpful in getting the swap done.

Keep us posted on how it goes as you work through the year! We have enjoyed our first week because, of course, we had to dive right in!  :lol:  

It's huge. I'm very excited to see what it's like for this year. Got it for my 4th Grader. :)

Anyone else using it this year?

No fair!  I mean....good for you!  :lol:   I can't wait to get our Bookshark box!  We ordered the full 4th grade package too.  JB is excited about being a Sharkie!

Also, I was able to sub the math level for another and that was no problem. :)

We went with a different math level too (TT5). 

Yay!  Our 4th grade BookShark box just arrived.  The school ordered it last week and it shipped the very next day.  The box was heavy!  I had to walk from the center of school out to my car with it.  Then from the car up into the house.  When I got it inside I put it on a scale to weigh it.  It's about 45-46 pounds (and it didn't include the spelling).  :lol:  Anyway, everything looks awesome!  Can't wait to organize this and hopefully start next week!  :hurray:

I finally got to actually look through everything.  WOW!!!  It's AMAAAAZING!!  Seriously...I LOVE it!  I am so excited about using this!  I know I want to use BookShark every year until they no longer have it (which will be really sad when we get to that point).  Everything is such nice quality too.  I hope to take pictures of everything maybe tomorrow and get it on my blog soon.  I'll update again once I have a blog post. 

I'm jealous! I've always wanted a SL or Bookshark box day. Maybe next year. :D

The year I was going to do SL, box day was awesome! I was so excited about everything. A month later I had a different kind of "box day" that involved packing everything up and shipping it back because it didn't work for us. And yet, I still long for the first kind of box day some times! It really is exciting.

Big box o' Bookshark 3 came this week and we start tomorrow! Fingers crossed this will be a good year. Already tweaking from the get go though... The first dictation assignment is too difficult. Will pull from a reader. Don't want her to get discouraged from the start.

We started Book Shark 3 today -- so far so good! My kids loved the map work and timeline activities, and my biggest fear -- that my second-grade son would balk at the amount of reading I was expecting him to do (both the Grade 2 and the Grade 2 Intermediate reader) didn't materialize. 

If he didn't balk on day 1, he's unlikely to give me major pushback in the future, either. Whew. 

Why would he need to be reading two sets of readers?

The regular grade 2 readers are at a level that's too easy for him, but the grade 2 LA, which is at the right level for him, uses them as a basis for copywork and writing assignments.

The grade 2 intermediate readers are at the right level for him in terms of improving his reading, but there is no corresponding LA level.

If having him read both doesn't work out, I'll just have him do the grade 2 intermediate readers and the grade 2 LA, but I think he'll get more out of the LA if he is also doing the corresponding reading.

I don't feel like adapting the LA to use the grade 2 intermediate readers.

I kept looking at bookshark but I hated the SL scheduling so I was too reluctant to try. But I LOVED SL box day! So I tried to recreate it by buying as much of our stuff at the same time as I could. And then I made us look at the boxes til they were all here and we opened all at once :D

That is diabolical.