Menu

Hemorrhoid relief, TMI

JadeOrchidSong

Hydrocortisone suppositories worked well for me but you may have to have a prescription. I also got a cream called Nupercainal from the hospital when I had DD. It has dibucaine in it and numbs things pretty well. I just googled it, and it looks like you can get it at Walgreens or CVS. Or if all else fails, Amazon. HTH.

I had mine cut out in a doctors office. It was the best thing EVER. In the history of the world. It was just fine and actually they are dangerous as they can thrombose. Get thee to an MD one shot and it is all gone. If I could write a song about the wonders of a hemorrhoidectomy I would. You should be seen especially if there is more than one. I am sorry. They are truly painful and miserable.

I had mine cut out in a doctors office. It was the best thing EVER. In the history of the world. It was just fine and actually they are dangerous as they can thrombose. Get thee to an MD one shot and it is all gone. If I could write a song about the wonders of a hemorrhoidectomy I would. You should be seen especially if there is more than one. I am sorry. They are truly painful and miserable.

I think mine are multiple thrombosed ones. We are going to China in 3 weeks. I can't have surgery now. I will go to the doc tomorrow.

:(

This may be kinda gross, but...

They can cut out the clots and the 'roids will heal much more quickly that if they leave them alone. This a quick, in office procedure, local anesthesia only.

Full surgery or even banding can take much longer to heal - so not really an option with traveling so soon.

Surgery. It's very quick. You'll e fine to go to China in three weeks.

I had hemorrhoid surgery at 8 months pregnant.

At 9 months I delivered vaginally without meds. (OK, I had them, but they wore off hours before - just like with my first... waste of $400 - the hospital didn't do epidurals)

This is THE quote of the week. I'm calling it. There won't be a better one.

AMEN. The best thing I did.

Wow, thanks for the support. I feel better than last night. I put a clove of garlic as suppository last night. This morning, the roids were a little soft and shrank 30%. But then after I went to the bathroom shortly afterwards, they were swelling again to the original size again. So I put another garlic in. Hoping for the best. The clot surgery sounds very appealing.