Menu

If you like blush and/or sweet wines, what are your faves?

I'm looking to try something new. Nothing dry please. ;)

I love a good guwerztraminer or even a Japanese plum wine. The last one is very very sweet though and strong - keep that in mind! I don't have maker recommendations, but any good wine store will be able to direct you. We have a Total Wine here and they are amazingly helpful. :D

I love a good guwerztraminer or even a Japanese plum wine. The last one is very very sweet though and strong - keep that in mind! I don't have maker recommendations, but any good wine store will be able to direct you. We have a Total Wine here and they are amazingly helpful. :D

guwerztraminer

I saw one of these tonight, and I wasn't sure if I should try it. Thanks!

You might want to try some of the dessert wines from the Charlottesville vineyards. I really like the ones from Horton's winery and the Barboursville vineyards. YUM!

My BIL got married last summer and rather than a traditional "bachelorette party", we toured five of the vineyards. (All of SIL's bridesmaids were married with children - it made for a rather tame party! LOL)

Rieslings have become our new favorites. We are in Michigan and there are lots of Vineyards up around Traverse City so we have found several from that area that we like.

Bowers Harbor Vineyard Riesling is one that we particularly enjoy.

Rieslings have become our new favorites. We are in Michigan and there are lots of Vineyards up around Traverse City so we have found several from that area that we like.

Bowers Harbor Vineyard Riesling is one that we particularly enjoy.

Katie, I know you're up north, but have you ever tried St. Julian wines? They have some lovely dessert wines.

Katie, I know you're up north, but have you ever tried St. Julian wines? They have some lovely dessert wines.

We actually aren't that far from teh St. Julian Vineyards( we are just outside of Grand Rapids) and I believe we have tried some once on an anniversary trip to that area.

When we get tired of our new favorite, we will branch out in St. Julian's..they are readily available in our grocery stores here.

Any specific recomendations?

I don't like "dry" wine AT ALL. I *love* Japanese plum wine! Also, there is a wonderful Riesling in a pretty blue bottle that's worth a try. You really can't miss it at the grocery store. :)

That's the one I like too!!! Though I cannot remember the name, I just look for the pretty blue bottle . . . .

Most German white wines are sweet and good, I like reislings, gewurtztraminer, liebfraumilch, there are 2 or 3 others I like but I forget their names offhand.

A nice rose wine that is fairly inexpensive is mateus rose.

The only red wine I've ever liked is Lambrusco. It's sweet and a bit fizzy, but not as fizzy as champange, just a little bit.

I do like sweet, and I sometimes like icewine, but sometimes that's too sweet for me, depending on how sweet it is and how I'm feeling and what I'm eating with it.