Menu

Workbook for SOTW 2.... shall I?

Kay in Cal

Some of you may know that I made a free set of "workbook pages" to accompany/organize the SOTW 1 and AG last year. We've used it successfully with our 1st grader this year, and I did have a bunch of people download it when I posted it to Lulu last year. It's ID # 796912 on Lulu.com if you want to check it out.

What I want to know is: If you downloaded it, did you find it useful? I'm trying to decide whether I want to put in the energy to do a public SOTW 2 set of pages, and I only want to do so if some folks actually found it helpful. Otherwise, I can just update it for personal use without worrying about the public format, copyright issues, etc.... but I'm happy to share if it was really something people liked.

If I do go ahead, what changes might you make for the transition to 2nd grade? Much smaller writing lines--what width do you use for 2nd grade-- or about the same?

Any other suggestions (or just inspiration) would be welcome!

I say please do!! I am in the process of planning for next school year and have recently been going through your pages for use with my dd who will be in 1st next year. I haven't begun using them yet but I think they are going to work great for us and save me a lot of time. So, if you have the inclination to do SOTW 2 pages, I for one would love a copy! Thanks for asking!

Some of you may know that I made a free set of "workbook pages" to accompany/organize the SOTW 1 and AG last year. We've used it successfully with our 1st grader this year, and I did have a bunch of people download it when I posted it to Lulu last year. It's ID # 796912 on Lulu.com if you want to check it out.

How do you access it on Lulu?

I am currently using your SOTW-1 pages and have found them to be very helpful. In fact I was wondering how to set up my own pages for SOTW2 next year( and NOT looking forward to it). Using your pages this year has enabled me to do history 2 days and science 2 days, in years past I have struggled to get both of these subjects done every week.

Thanks for your hard work.:)

Blessings,

Guest Amy in MS

Wonderful! OH, I would definitely use your SOTW 2 pages, if you made them. I'm downloading 1 right now because we aren't quite finished with it, and I'd like something extra (new, different). Thanks so for the hard work. Can't wait to see them!

Amy

I just previewed it and it looks wonderful. We would be able to have more time with for science with such a structure. I say yes. My dc are 9 and I think it would still work for them, even though they are older. We will be beginning SOTW 2 very soon.

As I look at your format for SOTW 1, it seems like a good fit for self motivation and since my dc are older that would be my goal. Do you see it working like that? When your format says Do Mapwork, is that with Mother giving instruction or are the instructions included in the workbook?

I tried to make a workbook once and it took so much time that I gave up and went back to daily one on one with them. The workbook idea is great because they could work at thier own individual speed and personal interest.

The instructions in my workbook pages assume you have the activity guide--so "do mapwork" means: turn to the activity guide, and follow the mapwork instructions there (the map page itself is included in the activity guide, but the instructions are in the teacher's section). I bind the activity guide student pages with the workbook pages, but the teacher pages as a seperate book when I put my set together. There is no reason a child couldn't read the instructions themselves and check off the boxes... I usually supervise my ds who is 6 and no where near "self motivated" yet!

Speaking of which, I better get downstairs and figure out what he's up to...

I just now downloaded your SOTW 1 pages, and I think they look awesome. I wish I had known about it before I was halfway through the book! I think it's amazing that you (A) had time to do that! and (B) are generous enough to share. I would definitely use the 2 pages next year.

Although we dont do two days a week we still use your pages. We LOVE them. They work perfect for us. I like the fact you put in the Who's Who pages but my favorite thing is the books read page. The books read page has been great for me keeping track. I would definitely use the SOTW 2 pages if you made them.

I was trying to make something that would keep them out of my book. Thier own binders tend to be a bit ragged after a while and with 2 pairs of hands yanking at turns, it was just easier to type it out. But bless you for taking the time to do it all. It was too labor intensive for me to sit at the computer. I wanted to be up. I did it for a couple of months and it just became easier and faster to do it orally. My 2 dd are 9 now and could probably take more care. Well maybe not. I had to buy those little hole reinforcements for one of them who keeps ripping hers out accidentally.

With all that said, you did a great job on those pages.