Menu

Feeling a funk from late afternoon to evening every day.

That should say, "Feeling *in* a funk". Does anyone else get like this? Everything is fine in life all morning/early afternoon... then 3:00 hits and all goes downhill. It's totally me too... not the children or anything else... it's just how I feel. Down. I wish I could just feel in the afternoon and evening like I do in the morning.

My grandmother used to drink Scotch, one after another starting in the late afternoon until late into the evening. I can totally see why she would want to do that. (not that I have or ever will...just saying)

Edited by Bess

It sounds like your adrenal levels fall off then. I have a downtime - I have a small amount of dark chocolate (1 square) and a cup of tea. I schedule a "quiet time" for my kids when they do quiet reading or play. I take a short nap or read a frivolous book. It helps me. (Now too much caffeine can be detrimental if your adrenal levels are too low.)

This has started just two weeks ago. I'm just attributing it to the days are starting to get longer.

The days getting longer are definitely making me tired. This is partly due to the dog waking me up as soon as there's a bit of light out. Silly dog doesn't care about weekends either...

Interesting about adrenal levels. I never thought about that but I googled it. I seem to have just about every symptom of adrenal fatigue. Hmm....

IF you have adrenal problems (and as others pointed out there are other things that can cause this!) other deficiencies can make it worse. In my case, my vitamin D levels and thyroid were low - that put extra strain on my adrenal glands to get me through the day. Now that I'm being treated for my vitamin D deficiency and am on thyroid medicine, my adrenals are doing much better.