Menu

FINALLY....Snow!!!!

My kids are so excited! It is actually snowing here, a very rare thing south of Atlanta! We may get 3-4 inches! On the way home from church my ds said "This is the best day of my life"!

My dh is hoping school will be called off tomorrow (he's a public school teacher) so he can spend the day reading with us for Read Across America Day.

I just wanted to share our excitement!

We are about 40mins north of Atlanta

I am concerned about tonight and tomorrow. Ds is at work and doesn't get off until 11. Dh has to go to work at 6am!

I worry about black ice!!

You know ps, will close for one flake of snow!:tongue_smilie:

You'd think we won the lottery. . . . . .

we got about 2 inches of heavy, wet snow here in central AL. The kids had a snowball fight in the courtyard at church!

After church, my own 5 went nuts, playing, sledding (we moved our sleds from CT, 4 years ago!), building a wimpy snowman. . . . .

And now? I just woke up from a nap-

It's mostly melted.

Ah, I love snow in the south! Enough to have fun, but no clean-up!

It's been snowing pretty consistently here since noon. A very heavy, wet snowfall. My dh just went out and had a snowball fight with the neighborhood kids and built a snowman. It was pretty cool.

We are also hoping for a school cancellation, but Gwinnett County is reliable in being the last to cancel school, if it's canceled at all:glare: I think the last time Gwinnett canceled school was 2 years ago because of a major ice storm, but everyone was already up, dressed and ready to go before they finally canceled.

Here's hoping for a relaxed day in,

Ava

We are about 40mins north of Atlanta

I am concerned about tonight and tomorrow. Ds is at work and doesn't get off until 11. Dh has to go to work at 6am!

I worry about black ice!!

You know ps, will close for one flake of snow!:tongue_smilie:

I'm an hour north of Atlanta, and we've got NOTHING. grr! It snowed for a little while, mixed in with the rain, but nothing but mud on the ground. I grew up here, and we used to get snow nearly every year, but I don't think we've had a single decent accumulation since we moved back 6 years ago. And it's been so cold this winter! cold without snow is not fair! Okay. I'll stop now and try to be happy for those of you SOUTH of me who have lovely snow on the ground.

Good for your kids! I grew up in Florida never seeing snow and I know how exciting that can be.

Here in the mountains of NC it is snowing and we'll probably get 3-5 inches. My two youngest kids and dh are outside playing.:001_smile:

http://www.wsbtv.com/closings/index.html

It's been snowing pretty consistently here since noon. A very heavy, wet snowfall. My dh just went out and had a snowball fight with the neighborhood kids and built a snowman. It was pretty cool.

We are also hoping for a school cancellation, but Gwinnett County is reliable in being the last to cancel school, if it's canceled at all:glare: I think the last time Gwinnett canceled school was 2 years ago because of a major ice storm, but everyone was already up, dressed and ready to go before they finally canceled.

Here's hoping for a relaxed day in,

Ava

Guest Tracie in SC

Our kids are also doing the snow dance. It NEVER snows where we live. We lived in the mnts of western nc for 2 years and saw less than 3 inches!!!! Then we moved to Charlotte NC for a few years. We moved from Charlotte NC this past summer to the midlands of SC and this winter, they have gotten snow 2 times and are expecting 10 inches tonight!!! Our kids are so not happy about that! We hope everyone else enjoys the snow and we're waiting.....

in the Upstate area of SC. I don't know that I've ever seen lightning and snow at the same time before -- it's a very striking effect. :lol:

There's at least two inches of snow accumulated so far, with lots more falling. Huge flakes! Schools are cancelled for tomorrow, including our co-op.

I'm glad I don't have to drive in it. 19yos just called to say he fishtailed off the road into a drift and can't get out. I can't go help him.

in the Upstate area of SC. I don't know that I've ever seen lightning and snow at the same time before -- it's a very striking effect. :lol:

There's at least two inches of snow accumulated so far, with lots more falling. Huge flakes! Schools are cancelled for tomorrow, including our co-op.

I'm glad I don't have to drive in it. 19yos just called to say he fishtailed off the road into a drift and can't get out. I can't go help him.

I'm so sorry about your son. I'll pray he gets home safely.

He's staying with some friends downtown rather than trying to drive anymore. I'm fine with that.

Someone from work came and got him out from the drift, then he fishtailed and slid at least twice more. He finally just parked the truck, locked it, and got a ride to his friends'. He says the roads are really nasty.

We just lost and regained power for about the 8th time tonight. I'm going to bed.

I'm not a snow lover, but I can't help get excited since my boy is so thrilled! I think this is the most snow he's ever seen. He's already out shoveling the back deck for me.

And on a interesting side note. Yesterday, right before the storm reached us, the ice cream truck came through the neighborhood!! We all thought that was kind of funny.:tongue_smilie: