Menu

garlic press recommendations

DH says to me last night as he's unloading the dishwasher, "Can we get rid of this thing? It never gets clean. It's always still plugged up with garlic pieces."

Me, well maybe I'll ask TWTMers for a recommendation and I'll buy a new one. :001_smile:

Sooo....?

Mine is originally from Walmart.

Pampered Chef all the way! We're heavy garlic users and have had ours for about 9 years. It's held up beautifully and really shows little wear. It comes with a small plastic tool (or used to) that solves the problem of cleaning the small holes. You can press with the skin on the clove and it does not get smelly.

I've given several as gifts and they've been enjoyed. Oh, and I'm not a consultant either. :-)

My garlic press is a Zyliss and seems to be going strong after several years of use. I've never tried putting garlic in without peeling it first, though.

Mine had one of those little plastic cleaning things when we first got it, but it got misplaced. I just use the tip of a paring knife to pop any leftover garlic out of the press and run it under water quickly to get any lingering little bits. Then it goes through the dishwasher with the dishes and pans. That gets it very nice and clean with no lingering odors.