Menu

What do you do for Valentine's Day?

What are your Valentine traditions?

I'll put the red tablecloth on the table tonight and put out some candy for the kids. I got them each a new coloring book and pencil. We'll have Monkey Bread and pink milk for breakfast and then my daughter and I are making a special dessert for dinner (don't know what dinner is yet though, maybe DH will pick something up;)).

Heart shaped pancakes for breakfast, and we got the dc little gifts, they will open any cards that came in the mail then. We were supposed to go to the Valentines bingo at the local nursing home, but both dc are sick. That's going to be our new tradition though.

Yesterday, our little hs group had a Valentine's party, so the kids were able to exchange cards, have treats and play some games.

but this year I am doing it differently. My husband and kids already got me 2 dozen roses from the church youth sale. I got the kids cards and a little candy and a cute little flower pot with a flower to grow in it. I plan to get Dh a card today.

We planned a Valentine's party with our group of friends for tomorrow night....doing dinner and letting kids exchange valentines....

not sure why but this year I felt the need to celebrate this holiday telling people how much I love them :-)

We usually get the kids small gifts and some valentines to make for exchanging with their friends. My dh and I will exchange cards and we usually get each other a gift. This year my dh had to be in San Diego on business until today and I needed a new cell phone - so he got a trip and I got a cell phone.

I have a son overseas in the Marine Corp, so we made him valentines, sent him some goodies, etc.

One year I had a Valentine's party for my girls. All the girls wore pj's and we had a hair, nail, and make-up station. We had lots of Valentine desserts and made a craft. It was a lot of fun and my girls loved it. I would love to do that again.

We have a couple birthdays in February including dh which overshadows Valentines day. My DH does not wait until Feb 14 to buy me flowers nor to let me know how much he loves me. He gets me amazing chocolates from places he travels on business so that out does any valentines day chocolates. I did get heart shaped peeps because they were peeps and heart shaped and I could not resist:lol::D. I plan to make red velvet cup cakes for dessert. We had a few extra fun dip valentines the kids did not need so the kids to have whats left. My kids know how much I love them.

Edited by lynn

What are your Valentine traditions?

Not much. Dh usually buys me some "weeds", as 16yod calls them, at Kroger on his way home from work. He also likes to buy some kind of a gushy card which I never know how to respond to. If I get into town and actually remember the day is approaching, I buy him a card. We're in town and Val's Day is tomorrow ... he's in luck this year!!! I think I'll try to find him a present, too. He'll really think he hit the jackpot if I can find an actual gift. 16yod also suggested we buy him some "real flowers" on the way home today. Guess we will.

Oh, and dh sometimes buys something chocolate for dc. Even at their ages!! lol Can you tell he's the 'touchy-feely' one in the family? ;)