Menu

Another round of kids say the funniest things!

Who wants to play? I'll go first...

My 6 yr. old and I were doing phonics today--reading short vowel words that you can add an "e" to and make the long vowel sound like "bit" and "bite". He read "bid", then "bide" and said, "What's "bide", Mom?"

I said, "It would be like if there was a dress I wanted, I might "bide" my time and wait for it to go on sale. It's like waiting."

He said, "Oh, and like, 'I bide the toy I wanted."

We have some more work to do. :001_huh:

Chelle

My bil was having everyone smell his new cologne on Christmas day, Nautica. DD9 asked "Do you mean nausea?"

:lol::lol:

Edited to add: DD and her uncle get along very well (he is her favorite, just tell any of the others:tongue_smilie:) and are constantly teasing each other. Everyone laughed and for once bil was speechless. DD didn't realize until later why it was funny.:D

Edited by Ancora_Imparo

:lol: I bide groceries this afternoon!

While digging up our garden this week, we found some grubs. Building on a previous science lesson, I asked 7yods what a grub is. Without missing a beat, he said, "Great fishing bait." So much for my intellectual influence on the child when there's fishing to be done!

Edited by Aggie

:lol: I bide groceries this afternoon!

While digging up our garden this week, we found some grubs. Building on a previous science lesson, I asked 7yods what a grub is. Without missing a beat, he said, "Great fishing bait." So much for my intellectual influence on the child when there's fishing to be done!

Very cute!

Chelle

I was so frustrated about my tights skirts, that I skipped church on Sunday.

DD5 comes home from church and says, "Mama, the pastor said he missed you today, but I told him you couldn't get your skirt zipped, and you need to lose ___ lbs."

I said, "Thank you so much for sharing that with the pastor."

She said, "Oh I told everybody. I didn't want them starting any rumours about you." (She had been watching a veggie tale dvd about "rumour weeds".)

DD5 comes home from church and says, "Mama, the pastor said he missed you today, but I told him you couldn't get your skirt zipped, and you need to lose ___ lbs."

She said, "Oh I told everybody. I didn't want them starting any rumours about you." (She had been watching a veggie tale dvd about "rumour weeds".)

No. Way.

You just can't make this stuff up!

Chelle

:smilielol5:

DD10 lost her tooth a few days ago and I forgot to remind the toothfairy. She reminded me, so I grabbed a few dollars and headed upstairs, using my hands to mimic wings on my lower back, pretending to be a 'fairy'. My hands must have been lower on my back than I thought because dd10 said she thought I looked more like a 'Butt-er-fly' than a fairy. :lol: funny kid

This is, without a doubt, one of the funniest things I have ever read!! You've got to love kids!!

Ria

The other day my 5 yo was telling me how he wanted to have 10 kids when he grew up.

I told him, "Honey, when you grow up and leave home you can have as many kids as you want."

He said, "You mean I have to leave home when I grow up."

At which point he burst out crying and sobbed uncontrollably for about 10 minutes.

:001_smile:

My ds5 got sad during a phonics lesson. I asked him what was wrong and he replied "I wish God would've made me Anakin, 'cause then I could have a real lightsaber."

_____

Ds3: "Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom..."

Me: "What?"

Ds3: "Oh, I was just kiddin'."

_____

Dh & I were talking last night and I was reminded of this. When ds9 was in late K, we were doing Spelling Workout A. I gave him the test, and he missed a couple of words. I gave him a red pencil and the book and his paper and told him to correct the misspelled words.

I found him diligently correcting the words in the book to match what he had written on his paper.

Really, this is one of the funniest things I've ever read :lol:!