A Reader's Group choices for February  

1. 1. A Reader's Group choices for February

• The Razor's Edge
    • The Painted Veil
    • The Republic of Love
    • The Witch of Portobello
    • Snow Falling on Cedars
    • The Professor's House

What would you all like to read in February (to discuss during the month of March)?

The Razor's Edge (W. Somerset Maugham)

The Painted Veil (W. Somerset Maugham)

The Republic of Love (Carol Shields)

The Witch of Portobello (Paulo Coelho)

Snow Falling on Cedars (David Guterson)

The Professor's House (Willa Cather)

Edited by Crissy

I voted for Snow Falling on Cedars because I suggested it (biased) and it was ahead, but I think that there are some great choices on there, and not just the two I mentioned;). I'd love to read that book again, and I'd have to as even though I remember what seems like a lot about it, I'm sure I've forgotten some important details.

Is there a specific genre we're going for?

Any chances of light reads or scary novels any time soon?

Has everyone voted yet?

Oh, bump.

I'm not much into scary novels anymore, but am bumping this in hopes that Snow Falling on Cedars continues to lead as I've already picked it up at the library.

I'm sure she'd rep you if she could. ;)

Actually I am not voting b/c I don't know any of these titles and :blushing: (I don't really know the authors either) Shhhh.

I put links to the various Amazon pages in my first post. That way anyone not familiar with the titles can get a feel for all the books before they vote.

Now wait just a goldarn second. You actually want me to research something? :lol:

:lol:

No, no! All I want you to do is click the links. Then vote for nmoira's choice since mine is out of the running and The Professor's house was my second pick. :D

No, no! All I want you to do is click the links. Then vote for nmoira's choice since mine is out of the running and The Professor's house was my second pick. :D

:lol:

Yes, please do.

Moira and Chrissy,

I hope you remember this when us Oregonians get together. ;)

I can't promise to remember anything these days, but I'm open to reminders. :)

I said "The Razor's Edge" only because I own it and have never read it. I have attempted it many times, but can't seem to get into it. I fear it will take a readers group to make me read it all the way through. I was hoping this would be that group, LOL.

Oh well.

I'm so glad my book lost.

Now, the pressure is off.

Snow Falling on Cedars it is, and if it stinks, it's not my fault :)

If you don't like Snow Falling on Cedars, I'll take the blame, since I suggested it. I've read it before, and am greatly looking forward to reading it again. It takes a readers group to get me to do that, and I think I'm going to get more out of that book reading it again. I liked it, and think that whether or not you like it, there will be lots and lots of stuff to discuss. Plus, it's well written, which to me is a plus.