Menu

Did your Dh ever get into an old fashioned fist fight in school?

Neither dh nor I have ever been in a fistfight. However, my first husband was in one that I witnessed and he started it. 
1978, his mom brought McDonald’s home for dinner one night while I was there.  Both my boyfriend and his brother had asked for large fries but only one large was in the bag, the rest were small.  The brother took the fries and sat down to eat, not even noticing that the other fries weren’t also large. My boyfriend got mad and hauled off and punched his brother in the face for taking ‘his’ fries.  Then it turned into a melee. 

Yes, I still married the idiot. I was a naive 17 year old who thought I could fix him. Spoiler: I could not fix him. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

4 minutes ago, Melissa in Australia said:

No

But I was the recipient of old fashioned bullying. Just about every day of primary school I was bullied, punched hit, or verbally abused as was my younger brother.  Ah! the good old days! where kids mental health was destroyed for life.

Same. 6th and 7th grade were simply awful. And I had no idea what to do and ended up trying to be really nice to the girl, which in hindsight was so messed up.  She picked on me because she found out I didn’t wear a bra or shave my legs (No need to at that age, at least for me) so she targeted me endlessly.  She threatened and harassed and touched me in threatening ways. 
I think her home life sucked. But that’s no reason to make my life miserable.  50 years later it still makes me mad!

• Sad 3

Yes. Several. Dh describes it as him and a group of buddies fighting other groups of guys. He says he never started the fights but “You have to have your guys’ backs.” This was the 1970s.

10 hours ago, Catwoman said:

This thread is cracking me up because nobody was ever the one who started the fight unless it was for an incredibly noble cause. 😉 

Come on, all you troublemakers out there -- 'fess up!!!  😁

Well, my little brother had Down Syndrome and I had a heart for those with special needs but I can see why it appears this way on this thread. 😂

• Like 1

I think my DH did. He’d been taught to turn the other cheek and one kid bullied him relentlessly for about a year. Eventually he gave it back to him one day. He got in trouble but the bullying stopped. The bully went on to do some pretty terrible things and ended up out of school. 

Not me. I think I was physically kicked once in about y2 and went to the teacher and it never happened again. I was excluded and an odd duck but thankfully never anything physical. (Unwanted touch as a teen excluded)

Dh had random fights as a teen. Guys getting aggravated at each other for no real reason. They'd fight and then get over it. 

We were just talking about this. My mom was pretty surprised dh had ever been in fights as he's pretty quiet guy. He's definitely not the macho guy or the big guy. 

Ironic to us is guys fighting is much more rare but girls fight way, way more now. Girls fighting is rampant in middle school and up. Then again the explosion of social media has harmed girls more than boys. It comes out in lots of ways.